Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    You suggesting he was trying to out tank the tankers?
    got no idea what he was doing they don't need to tank. Anyway enough of tanks we are not diving. Great to see that rooster finally gets to have a run on the SCG again. I bet he can't wait. I will be there giving him a huge cheer when he comes on.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 12th July 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So with Jesse not in the squad and neither of Levi Sands or Wills Brassil who have filled in as topup ruckmen in the team as well, looks like we'll be conceding a big advantage in the ruck. Head, Weir, Brown and Richards are the likely candidates to fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Stacks of talent in the UWS side, noted there are ND picks - two x 3, 5, 9, 10, 12. We hardly have anyone under a pick 12 on our whole list!

I like others am a bit mystified about the changes GWS make each week other than to think it's a strict rotation policy to get experience into the whole squad.
    It's a sure way to ensure they lose games. Nothing like having a continually unsettled lineup to ensure failure. I suggest it will stop next year.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Swans 3.4 4.5 10.6 12.7 (79)
    Giants 9.5 12.8 18.10 21.16 (142)

Swans
    Goal Kickers: D. Towers 3, G. Rohan 2, J. Lloyd 2, D. Cox , J. Kiel , M. Dick , H. Cunningham , T. Green
    Best Players: D. Robinson, J. Lloyd, L. Perris, T. Head
    UWS GIANTS
    Goal Kickers: N. Wilson 3, J. Townsend 2, T. Downie 2, S. Schulz 2, D. Brogan 2, G. Ugle 2, Z. Williams 2, B. Thornton 2, M. Whiley , A. Kennedy , J. Stewart , L. Plowman
    Best Players: N. Wilson, M. Buntine, Z. Williams, A. Kennedy, S. Schulz, G. Ugle

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I'm puzzled that Harry wasn't listed amongst the best players I thought he was good today.

On the Rookie List
    I'm puzzled that Harry wasn't listed amongst the best players I thought he was good today.
    I am glad to hear you say that as I think he might be called on shortly.

Is Armstrong going ok in the two's?

Veteran Site Admin
    Despite the scoreline, I thought many of our players were quite reasonable. It was the sheer weight of numbers - listed AFL players versus top ups that meant the Swans were never really in the game. Towers continued his lively and dangerous form up forward, and I agree that Harry was good too.

Exactly what liz said. Just the sheer size of the UWS against the school boy toppies boded ill in the long run. That's why Tony, Towers, occasionally Head, and definitely Perris and Gazz stood out.

On Perris. Saw him organising things out there. I would say he is a natural leader and knew what he was going. Think we should keep him.

Highlight was seeing Shaw in runners gear coming onto the ground to highfive Gazz - he is moving like he should, elbows back, flat run. Or is he is a natural coach and we won't get him back in the team for the reason that he is a natural coach ??????? Not saying, just saying...

But it was a game of 22 against about 10, plus 12 who tried hard.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Is Armstrong going ok in the two's?
    In a word "No"

Veterans List
    Promote Lloyd if possible and put him to replace McGlynn.

Regular in the Side
    Where are Armstrong, Brown, Lockyer and Biggs in the best players. These four should be playing for their footballing future and Biggs aside seem not to figure in the reserves best players. Biggs will probably be unfortunate as there are probably four rookies to be elevated to the Senior List ahead of him next year and it would be fairly unprecedented to elevate five rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Where are Armstrong, Brown, Lockyer and Biggs in the best players. These four should be playing for their footballing future and Biggs aside seem not to figure in the reserves best players. Biggs will probably be unfortunate as there are probably four rookies to be elevated to the Senior List ahead of him next year and it would be fairly unprecedented to elevate five rookies.
    Actually Biggs has been mentioned quite frequently lately after a quiet start to the year.

2013 Best votes - RWOwiki

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast