Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swans v GWS game day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    I remember looking at Mitchell's stats in the middle of the 3rd quarter and he had only 7 disposals then in the final quarter he unleashed the wrath on GWS and finished with 23!

Regarding the behinds - we hit the posts so many damn times today, it's as if we filled up our quota in this game alone.
    He played forward for the first 3 qtrs, then thrown into the middle in the last.
    Tore it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If they've got 12,000 members, where were they?
    I swear I only saw five.
    I think it is generally believed their membership numbers are inflated somehow. Just think, why do you sign up as a member of a sports club? Does that reason translate to a brand new, marketing-created club which has so few wins? Probably not.

It is inconceivable that there are 12,000 people in this world passionate about GWS at this stage. One day it might happen, but not yet.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If they've got 12,000 members, where were they?
    I swear I only saw five.
    Yep a really disappointing turn out from them - I'd have expected more of these supposed new GWS fans would want to follow their team across town. Also of course there were plenty of Swans people who didn't bother to turn up either. Pretty disappointing on such a lovely sunny day.....

Oh, I forgot to say - Good umpiring today! So good to have a game where the umps were not driving me crazy. A couple of errors, but that's about as good as you can expect in a game of footy.

Thanks umps.

From Swans Facebook page:
    'If the Swans missed every shot at goal, they still would've beaten the Giants 51 - 42.'
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    He played forward for the first 3 qtrs, then thrown into the middle in the last.
    Tore it apart.
    If only he had played in the middle from the start he could have been on target for a 40+ disposal count.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by alt_mattr View Post
    I think it is generally believed their membership numbers are inflated somehow. Just think, why do you sign up as a member of a sports club? Does that reason translate to a brand new, marketing-created club which has so few wins? Probably not.

It is inconceivable that there are 12,000 people in this world passionate about GWS at this stage. One day it might happen, but not yet.
    30% are Canberra members like myself

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Good things
    1) Brandon may have needed the reality check after his 4 goals lat week.
    2) Lamb is starting to look less out of his depth in the firsts, albeit against the Pygmies.
    3) Our percentage lead over the Dockers has improved markedly.
    Bad things
    4) While we will probably lose Benny, but Harry played very well in the 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    30% are Canberra members like myself
    And at least another 30% are members of both clubs and would have been wearing their Swans colours at the game yesterday...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

5) Mitchell's 4th quarter when played in the centre.

OK gonna say it. Jesse must NOT be trade bate, we have got to keep him. Best insurance you could have.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Lamb made several excellent foot passes on the run that were very impressive. It's been good for him to gain these several games of senior experience. The improvement is evident.

BJ will be a good player, but still looks very raw. I'm sure he'll learn a lot from the senior experience. I think he should return to the reserves and be replaced by Harry C.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast