Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW MANY OF THESE GAMES WILL THE SWANS WIN?

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar

HOW MANY OF THESE GAMES WILL THE SWANS WIN?

46 points (11 wins, three losses, one draw) 142.2 per cent

The premiers remain right in the hunt for the top four after thrashing Greater Western Sydney for their third consecutive win. But the Swans face a tough run home that mirrors their run into the finals last year, with West Coast at Patersons Stadium their next assignment and three of their final four games coming against Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn.

The run home:
    Rd 17: West Coast at Patersons Stadium
    Rd 18: Richmond at the SCG
    Rd 19: Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium
    Rd 20: Collingwood at ANZ Stadium
    Rd 21: St Kilda at the SCG
    Rd 22: Geelong at Simonds Stadium
    Rd 23: Hawthorn at ANZ Stadium

I reckon they will be too strong for West Coast, Richmond, Dogs, and St Kilda.

The Pies, Cats and Hawks I'm not so sure about, but again they are excellent testing material in the run to the finals and relish the contests . Should notch a win against one of them I hope.

16 wins , one draw, good percentage..... .?

Will that ensure top four?

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

will win 6, Geelong at KP is difficult
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING IN THE TITLE HERE??
    -

On the Rookie List
    Having a tough run home is the best way to prepare for a tilt at the Premiership. It worked last year. Adelaide had an easy run and looked what happened to them.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    LOUD NOISES!!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Having a tough run home is the best way to prepare for a tilt at the Premiership. It worked last year. Adelaide had an easy run and looked what happened to them.
    Adelaide were a kick away from the Grand Final and had all the momentum?
    Hawthorn and Geelong are concerns, we should win the others though (which isn't to say we won't beat Hawthorn and/or Geelong - we're certainly capable of taking them both down).

Blog Entries
    5/7 Minimum.

If we can win the next three, that should give us the momentum we'll need to take on a possibly resurgent Pies, with another win over the Saints setting us up with a nice winning streak of eight games and the confidence to smash the Cats and Hawks. That math seems about right to me.

I'm never confident going against Geelong but we can still beat them, especially if Rohan's back
    Same as Hawthorn but we can win.
    Other games I'm fairly confident, I hope we smash Richmond though! I'm sick of their supporters because they beat both us and Hawks last year.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    If we can win the next three, that should give us the momentum we'll need to take on a possibly resurgent Pies, with another win over the Saints setting us up with a nice winning streak of eight games and the confidence to smash the Cats and Hawks. That math seems about right to me.
    I'm not convinced that the Pies are resurgent. I watched their game on the weekend and it was far from convincing. Most telling was the complete lack of enthusiasm in singing their song - says a lot IMHO. Certainly not top 4 material as much as the Melbourne media would like to think so.

On the other hand, there's been more than 1 Swans game where an objective observer would have said the same thing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    16 wins , one draw, good percentage..... .?

Will that ensure top four?

HP
    Seven wins will ensure Top 4. The draw against Freo could prove costly - they have an easier run home than we do.

we can win all games.......... but our capacity to win without a a lot of our dominant snr players is going to make it a task of epic proportions

AJ and Shaw we have covered equally in my opinion -- Mitchell and Rampe have certainly covered key parts of the puzzle ie Rampe covers AJ and Mitchell is covering Macca in the midfield and Maccca is covering shaw. So for me this is fairly ok and certainly more then competitive........the irony is that Mal has gone to a whole new level in the wake of Shaw not being there.

Jetta, Goodes, Reid, McGlynn - I think against the top 5 teams ie Freeo, Hawks, Bombers and Cats this is the area where we will be under serious pressure.......lets get this right........if the equivalent 4 players were out of any of the top 5 teams we would smash them..........if no Buddy, no Roughhead, no Cyril, no who ever at the Hawks I reckon we would do the hawks like a dinner !!!!

sneaking in 4 or 5 goals a game thru indv briliance is cream on top of a strong performance and what generally nails the win against a top level team...........Our emergence of Lambie and Brandon adds excitement but for example without mcglynn this week applying massive pressure up front and scoring his almost 2 goals game we will be under pressure..........McGlynns two way running is just awesome for us !

so the question is can Can Tippett, White, Brandon, Lambie, Morton, Birdy etc do just as well against the top teams? .......maybe ??

LRT swing man role - Dre is doing well enough and growing.........but if we are in front in finals game and need to have an extra tall down back against a team like the Hawks who would then flood forward and stack their talls in our 50m then we are in trouble.......LRT was great for us in the finals series 2012 - integral
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast