Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - West Coast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Jetts was signing stuff behind the cheer squad on Sunday. He signed my daughter's hat. I asked him how the foot was going and when he would be back and he said "Soon" (whatever that means).
    Same answer I got from LRT. "soon".

I think that means "I've got no idea".

Out -Mcglynn
    In -Towers

Like for like people. It'll be Morton or Cunningham in for McGlynn. I think Cunningham's more likely based on match fitness. I don't imagine that there will be any other changes even with our abundance of talls.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Maybe Morton in and Cunningham to make the flight in case it's a wet track?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Gee the cupboard really is bare.

Out: McGlynn
    In: Morton
    That is the change i would like see. Was Mitch dropped because of injury or ....?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

He dropped out of the Carlton game with an injury in the warm up. He hasn't played since AFAIK.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    He dropped out of the Carlton game with an injury in the warm up. He hasn't played since AFAIK.
    He played in the ressies on Sunday but was pretty ordinary.

So what. He should still be in the seniors and deserves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    So what. He should still be in the seniors and deserves to be.
    I agree with you, I was just answering the question.

Subiaco

I think
    D. Towers
    we need a faster player on the large ground at subiaco. he's fast and kicked three goals in the reserves last few weeks.
    if this learning well in the reserves maybe a useful players in the finals can play forward and back.

other options if ben out for a few weeks will be to give
    membrey a run as small forward with big kick useful on large ground. would be a like for like swap for ben.

in's
    towers ,membrey Cunningham, morton should also go over to perth as extended list.

draw straws when we get there who play's maybe a wet week in perth also so weather maybe s factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It looks like Ben was going for the ball and didn't intend to hit him in the head. Yes, it may have been crude, but isn't it similar to what goes down in most marking contests when a defender 'accidentally' punches someone in the head ostensibly trying to hit the ball?
    Campbell Brown got a reduced charge two years ago for elbowing someone in the head, from behind, behind play no less. He successfully made the argument that "he was trying to hit him in the body and accidentally hit the head". Got two weeks. (He was suspended for two weeks for another incident in the same game and GCS were in desperate need of their senior players so I think the MRP was trying to minimise the time out).

I would like to see the tribunal allow argument from precedent. It would greatly improve consistency, even if it does mean that they get held to some terrible decisions in the past. (There is also the problem of contradictory precedent). Perhaps they could allow precedents from next year.

Quote Originally Posted by swans View Post
    ... morton should also go over to perth as extended list.
    He wont miss another game unless injured. Seniors or ressies, but not emergency.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast