Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    So what. He should still be in the seniors and deserves to be.
    I think he's next in line and I like the idea of him in the side but his performances this year haven't demanded games IMO.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I think he's next in line and I like the idea of him in the side but his performances this year haven't demanded games IMO.
    I agree, his form has been patchy this year, and he's coming off an injury.

But he's a smart player, so hopefully he can feed off Tippetts scraps, and snag a few this week.

I'll be surprised if they bring in another inexperienced player, unless it's to replace B Jack.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'd be suprised if we bought in another debutant this week. I'd expect it'll be Morton for Mcglynn.

I know we are lacking the usual pace we like to use recently at Subiaco, but I'm relatively confident we will hand the Weagles ok and get the job done.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Campbell Brown got a reduced charge two years ago for elbowing someone in the head, from behind, behind play no less. He successfully made the argument that "he was trying to hit him in the body and accidentally hit the head". Got two weeks. (He was suspended for two weeks for another incident in the same game and GCS were in desperate need of their senior players so I think the MRP was trying to minimise the time out).

I would like to see the tribunal allow argument from precedent. It would greatly improve consistency, even if it does mean that they get held to some terrible decisions in the past. (There is also the problem of contradictory precedent). Perhaps they could allow precedents from next year.
    One behind play incident on the weekend actually got off and it was far worse than Benny's as it was at least 20 metres off the play.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Morto has to come in as he knows the ground very well. We are already taking a lot of players who are Pattersons Stadium virgins and I think we need the experienced head.

The other thing I think is important, while Harry is a good running player, wing or HB he doesn't kick a lot of goals even while playing in the mids. He is guilty of the occasional long running goal or long set shot and he does kick long. But Benny is a prolific goal scorer and I think we have to look at that side very seriously when replacing him. We need a goal kicker and that would be one of three, Morto, Membrey or Towers.

Towers has the distinct advantage of being able to play in the mids as well as forward but lacks experience. With Weagles having Kerr, Shuey & Wellingham available we need to be very mindful of their experience around the ground. Embley is out but the way he has been playing this year it might be an advantage rather than a deficit.

I think Morto just on experience but take Towers as an experience for the lad as first emergency

Veterans List
    Looking at the games over the past few weeks again I've been surprised by the number of times that Swans players get in each other's way. I think that's the result of so many new players. It wasn't a problem again GWS and the Blues but it will be against the Hawks and Cats. I'd love us to finish Top 4 but, to do that, I think we'll have to lift as we did this time last year. A lot of our B to B push has been Ben so I think we'll miss him a lot - there's been a few games when he's willed us across the line as others who already have that Premiership medal have slacked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Looking at the games over the past few weeks again I've been surprised by the number of times that Swans players get in each other's way. I think that's the result of so many new players. It wasn't a problem again GWS and the Blues but it will be against the Hawks and Cats. I'd love us to finish Top 4 but, to do that, I think we'll have to lift as we did this time last year. A lot of our B to B push has been Ben so I think we'll miss him a lot - there's been a few games when he's willed us across the line as others who already have that Premiership medal have slacked off.
    I've noticed this too. Unfortunately, many of those have been Ted and Reg taking each other out. They seemed to work together so well last year.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    SYDNEY SWANS
    In: M.Morton, H.Cunningham, X.Richards, D.Towers
    Out: B.McGlynn (suspended)

- - - Updated - - -

West Coast have some good ins with Shuey and Wellingham

WEST COAST
    In: A.Selwood, S.Wellingham, L.Shuey, B.Wilson
    Out: A.Embley (suspended)
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Those four plus Mitchell Everitt and Lamb on the extended bench

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    SYDNEY SWANS
    In: M.Morton, H.Cunningham, X.Richards, D.Towers

- - - Updated - - -

West Coast have some good ins with Shuey and Wellingham

WEST COAST
    In: A.Selwood, S.Wellingham, L.Shuey, B.Wilson
    Out: A.Embley (suspended)
    By tmrw it will be:
    In: M.Morton

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Towers and Cunningham flying to Perth

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Towers and Cunningham flying to Perth
    What about Morton?

Interchange from:
    - Andrejs Everitt
    - Tom Mitchell
    - Jed Lamb
    - Dean Towers
    - Harry Cunningham
    - Xavier Richards
    - Mitch Morton

Andre & Tom are safe (presumably). I'd be surprised if they feed Xav to the Eagles' forwards at this stage. So it's two from Lamb, Towers, Cunningham and Mitch.

Cunningham is 100% match fit and the most McGlynn-like, so he's in. Of the three remaining I'm tipping Towers to debut in the vest for his speed, versatility and form in the twos.

Bench: Andre, Tom, Cunningham, Towers (s)
    Emg: Jed, Xav, Mitch.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast