Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X Richards vs Grundy

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    so why is X listed on the bench - to replace K Jack ?

its not about X being better then Reg.........X is miles off ------ the problem is in my humble opinion Horse is not happy with Regs performances as they are sub par

its not about Regs mistake sunder pressure - that is unfair

it is about his mistakes under NO pressure
    it's because we have a bucket of injuries and he's next best tall in reserves

hhmmm ?

so X would start in a KPP before Dre ? if Grundy and or Ted were injured ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    hhmmm ?

so X would start in a KPP before Dre ? if Grundy and or Ted were injured ?
    No chance. Not at the moment. The lad has had a good year. He's excellent one on one at NEAFL level, has a bit of pace (far more than Ted) and isn't afraid to take the game on. He's showing signs that he has a pretty good chance of becoming a regular senior player. But it will take him a few years to get close to being a true KPP defender. He just needs to put on size and gain strength. For a start, going round to the Jack family home for Sunday lunch (games permitting) might be a good start. Brandon was a twig last year but is now a decent size - just what X needs.

i cant believe how everyone is confusing my question

I am not saying he is better then Reg

I do believe Dre would get a tall KPP before X

I am intrigued why X is getting named on the extended bench though ?

only one or two answers but for all the people on the forum that know and have played footy better then me - I am being slammed for inferring that he may play in front of Reg which I am not

I am just stating that reg has disappointed me in his decision making of late and i am amazed that X is on the extended bench when I feel he is miles of Snrs as a KPP !

Naming X is almost as surprising as Biggs being named on the extended bench !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I am intrigued why X is getting named on the extended bench though ?
    Injuries and a lack of any other experienced worthy depth sounds about right to me. We are rebuilding during a premiership tilt. Quite remarkable.

On the Rookie List
    Maybe x is emergency as passive confrontation and is notice to reg that there are key defenders waiting in the wings, that hopefully reg will lift his game and can't hurt x's confidence either, win win

Is this thread for real??

Grundy is a bloody solid and good key position defender. I actually think he is beating his opponent more then Ted at the moment anyway.

Goes up to 11
    Reg had a pretty solid game today on a tricky forward line. Whilst he's never going to thrill is with his silly skills, he's a very good gorilla minder (as someone else put it). He is playing in the last line of defense where there is a lot of pressure and where errors can be magnified, and he's doing we'll.

X getting named on an extended bench is more a function of needing a tall as emergency cover and reflective of a not-too-pretty injury list. Plus a slap on the back for a young-un doing well so far.

No direct link to Reg and any perceived form issues. None.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Reg had a pretty solid game today on a tricky forward line. Whilst he's never going to thrill is with his silly skills
    Disagree. It's his silly skills that have me on the edge of my seat.

Veterans List
    Wondering whether our team in 2014 may feature S.Reid at CHB?

Given that there are no monster CHF (they are mostly at FF) and CHF tend to be more mobile types. Reid has very good pace, a huge reach and is very competitive, like his brother I reckon he could become an ace CHB.

Gives us the opportunity to create an exciting forward line with Rohan and a beefed up BJack and maybe dead eye Membrey in there too?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Wondering whether our team in 2014 may feature S.Reid at CHB?

Given that there are no monster CHF (they are mostly at FF) and CHF tend to be more mobile types. Reid has very good pace, a huge reach and is very competitive, like his brother I reckon he could become an ace CHB.

Gives us the opportunity to create an exciting forward line with Rohan and a beefed up BJack and maybe dead eye Membrey in there too?
    Agreed. Particluarly if White's improvement continues. Reid could also drift forward to kick goals on occasion as Ben Reid has done in recent weeks.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Shortlisted and outright favourite for the worst thread of 2013 award.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast