Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: rohan or jetta

rohan or jetta

Who will be our speedy halfforward flanker for the finals?

Money has shifted to Rohan. Jetta out for 5 more weeks

I flipped a coin. Came up Jetta.

Senior Player
    Brandon Jack

On the Rookie List
    After this Jetta news, I am sure by saying what I am about to say will attract much criticism, but....I'm pretty sure there will be no back-to-back premiership now. Our season has been decimated by injuries. It is very disappointing, because with our full squad we would have been unstoppable. If we win the AFL grand final this year with half our team fresh out of the NEAFL, then I will do something pretty crazy, because clearly we'd be in some sort of alternate dimension.

Bloodsys

im not so sure just yet

what if Roughhead or Buddy go down for the remainder of the season

what if the HAWK or or a couple of the Cats defenders godown

no one would have predicted we would play half to 3/4 of the season without 7 to 9 key players from our 22

we are still building very very nicely and could continue to evolve to a level that surprises

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    After this Jetta news, I am sure by saying what I am about to say will attract much criticism, but....I'm pretty sure there will be no back-to-back premiership now. Our season has been decimated by injuries. It is very disappointing, because with our full squad we would have been unstoppable. If we win the AFL grand final this year with half our team fresh out of the NEAFL, then I will do something pretty crazy, because clearly we'd be in some sort of alternate dimension.
    The Sydney Swans: Decimated by injuries, BUT still Unstoppable!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Bloodsys

im not so sure just yet

what if Roughhead or Buddy go down for the remainder of the season

what if the HAWK or or a couple of the Cats defenders godown

no one would have predicted we would play half to 3/4 of the season without 7 to 9 key players from our 22

we are still building very very nicely and could continue to evolve to a level that surprises

I'm hopeful AG, but never felt such frustration as a Swans supporter, because without injuries we were just about the surest thing you could get in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

If we did win the flag with half our side fresh out of the NEAFL, it would be THE greatest premiership win by any club in the history of the game. The plaudits due to the Swans would literally be off the chart, as there would be no precedent in the professional era.

Senior Player
    Makes you realise why Geelong was probably unable to go back to back. Having said that if Goodes comes back then Tippett is equal to Reid from last year and if shaw comes back we are still pretty strong. Anything is possible

On the Rookie List
    BTW, to answer the question posed by the thread: Rohan will be back, fit and in-form before Jetta.

Senior Player
    BTW, to answer the question posed by the thread: Rohan will be back, fit and in-form before Jetta.
    I think so too. Next year could be pretty exciting with both of them + a fit Reid ad Tippett used to the swans

Don't give up yet Bloodthirsty! I exactly know where you are coming from and have had the same feelings as you, but have faith in our footy club to get the best out of the cattle we have. The loss of Jetta for more time is a big worry, but we've been doing ok without him so far.

It might see our game plan go back into the shell a bit more, relying on our ability to play dogged football to get the job done (with less focus on slingshot football). But we still have a very talented and experienced midfield, with some great additions in Mitchell, an ever improving Parker and a troop of more experienced guys just doing their jobs (kennedy, Jack, Hanneery, O'Keefe etc), a revised but settled backline (although some improved form from Grundy would be good) still doing remarkably well, A ruck combo that is the envy of most in the competition, and a forward line that can and will improve. We also have a key forward now that potentially (as he almost did with Adelaide last year) can win big games for us off his own boot (needs to practice his shooting of course!)

What I'm saying, that despite our notable absentees, we still have a very solid structure. If that was the team to play in the finals, I don't think we can win the flag. But if we can not get any more major injuries, and get a few back (hopefully Shaw will be first, followed by Mclgyn, then fingers crossed Goodes/Jetta/Reid), then I have no doubt we can win the flag.

So don't jump off the bandwagon just yet - the train is struggling up a hill and running low on sand and oil, but help is on its way, as long as we can hold out until it arrives. I really do think the next two weeks might just define our season - drop one of the next two and we will not only have to overcome being short on troops, but also have to try and win the flag probably from outside the top 4.

Carn you bloods - show us what you are made of!

PS: One final thought. No matter what happens this year, is anyone seriously excited about the lineup we may put on the park next year? We are doing very well this year without a bunch of troops, and its going to be an almighty fight for spots in the top 22 if everyone is back fit and firing in 2014. Our Premiership window is going to stay open well and truly for a number of years if we continue to manage our list well.
    Last edited by mcs; 17th July 2013 at 12:43 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

In fact I am actually excited for 2014-2016. I can see Bolton, ROK, Goodes all falling out of the side and us still being a side most other sides would worry about. In fact if anything I can see lamb and mitchell still on the way up and passing jude and rok.

and we might actually see jetta and gary in full flight in the same team at the same time.

And as much as it pains me to say it i reckon we have seen teh best of goodes already - it reminds me so much of the words of tyrell to rutget hauer in blade runner - a candle that bursn twice as bright only burns half as long - and goodesy burned so very very bright.

2013 - i reckon increasingly this is geelong's flag to lose but that first quarter at the scg still says to me that we can match them even with the injuries we have suffered. i've got my ticket for skilled stadium already and i give us a bit of a sneaky chance to turn them over down here again, assuming that the side stays roughly as it is or gets improved just a little. after all, in that game where we beat them in 2011 jesse white was in the side and played all right that day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast