Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: X Richards vs Grundy

X Richards vs Grundy

X has been creeping towards more snr game time..... and you have to wonder if Johnny is not happy with Reg ?

Reg has been seriously struggling in 2013
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Possible. Grundy has been off-colour for a few game - though seemed to pick up the effort last week. Don't know if X has the bulk to replace Reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    X has been creeping towards more snr game time..... and you have to wonder if Johnny is not happy with Reg ?

What on earth makes you think that? Reg is the top in disposal efficiency and second in 1%ers to Teddy. Xavier is a string bean that will be bashed off the ball straight away by a big mongrel forward.... sheesh....

not happy with Reg doesnt mean he will drop him !

maybe X is being groomed for the midfield hence on the extended bench !

or maybe Horse is just keeping the pressure on his tall defenders ?

not happy with Reg doesnt mean he will drop him !

maybe X is being groomed for the midfield hence on the extended bench !

or maybe Horse is just keeping the pressure on his tall defenders ?
    Teddy isn't getting any younger nor is LRT, Reg is in the peak age for a player, Xav will get there in time, as will BJ etc, need to keep the kids moving up. Remember the average footy life is only 4 years

Senior Player

X has played 10-15 minutes of senior footy - let's not get too carried away. He could well come good, but he's not about to send Reg back to the twos anytime soon.

Goes up to 11
    The presence of young X would have next to no relationship to Grundy's form ( which was much improved last Sunday even if only against a woeful opposition). Drawing a too-long bow there I'm afraid....

HFF then ?

Reg usually gets the big jobs in the back line.

While I can agree that he is not a classical key backman. I am more than happy with the way our backline is functioning. Reg is part of that backline. Don't change things that ain't broke! (Noting that we are without AJ, Shaw, Mattner and LRT to pinch hit when needed this year. We need him to train Rampe etc..)

Last year Reg and Ted were All Australian IMO. Ted was selected as AA and Reg was unlucky to miss. Without the structure around them they both have had to modify and play different roles this year. There is no way I would be considering taking Reg out of the side on form. We have a new backline and need to let it settle.

X may be a solid performer at the moment in the 2nd's and in the future he may be able to take a key forward? However he would get monstered by a big key backman at the moment! Dean Brogan played foward last week on X and I thought at the time. X tried hard however needs a year or 2 to take on a quality forward. Or more side cover from a functioning backline.

Round 17 is to late to experiment with Key positions! (unless injured)

Rod_

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Reg usually gets the big jobs in the back line.

While I can agree that he is not a classical key backman. I am more than happy with the way our backline is functioning. Reg is part of that backline. Don't change things that ain't broke!...
    What Rod said.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Is this thread real life?

Can't run with this. No chance of X replacing Reg.

Reg has his laconic style, which sometimes makes him seem uninterested.

That's just the perception, the reality is he is absolutely essential to our team structure...He looks after the gorillas.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast