Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 18: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    As much as it pains me to say that a champion like Goodsie should come back through the Twos I think he should because he will be totally out of match fitness. Last year he had 4 matches off in the middle of the year and came back. He took a few weeks to get match fit even then. This time his time off is 6 matches and it is going to be much harder to regain match fitness and better he has a game at a lower, slower level where he can ease himself into the game. The a week later present for selection. I think we will manage without him until then. A totally fit Goodsie is better than one on one leg even if the one on one leg is still good.
    All very well in theory, but last year we had a luxury of him coming back mid season.
    There is no time for him to play a couple in the 2's as we only have 6 games left this season, and he is still a number of weeks away.

A semi fit Goodes would be more dangerous than a fully fit Morton for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    All very well in theory, but last year we had a luxury of him coming back mid season.
    There is no time for him to play a couple in the 2's as we only have 6 games left this season, and he is still a number of weeks away.

A semi fit Goodes would be more dangerous than a fully fit Morton for example.
    One of the reasons you do it is to be sure that you have got the rehab right. sam reid lasted 10 minutes and we were forced to activate a sub then and place him back on the lti list for another six weeks. i know that goodsie is an amazing player but he is an amazing player when fit. when injured he is a liability. our last six games could potentially be against collingwood, geelong hawthorn hawthorn geelong and hawthorn (for example). which game do you have him on the bench for and he only lasts ten minutes ??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    One of the reasons you do it is to be sure that you have got the rehab right. sam reid lasted 10 minutes and we were forced to activate a sub then and place him back on the lti list for another six weeks. i know that goodsie is an amazing player but he is an amazing player when fit. when injured he is a liability. our last six games could potentially be against collingwood, geelong hawthorn hawthorn geelong and hawthorn (for example). which game do you have him on the bench for and he only lasts ten minutes ??
    There have been 2 other quad injuries in the AFL this year, and both of them have been re-injured almost straight away as well.
    They should have been more cautious with Sam, and given the game was against Melbourne and part way thru the year, it may have been a better option.

It would be a big call to put Goodes in the 2's. I doubt they would risk him.

I agree I'd be reluctant to do it as well, but the ten minutes he stayed on the field against adelaide at the scg when he clearly couldnt run cost us that game last season. I simply couldnt have a player play that you would be concerned about an injury. you just have to go with your fully fit team.

I agree I'd be reluctant to do it as well, but the ten minutes he stayed on the field against adelaide at the scg when he clearly couldnt run cost us that game last season. I simply couldnt have a player play that you would be concerned about an injury. you just have to go with your fully fit team.
    If he came off as soon as he injured himself in the GF without giving himself a few minutes to try and 'run it off' like he did in the game you say he 'cost us', we'd probably be trying to avenge a GF defeat this year instead of trying to go back to back...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

he should have come off as soon as he injured it in the GF. His running it off cost us three forward fifty entries when we just started to smack them because he was hobbling around on one leg.

there is a difference between a muscle injury called a hamstring involving soft tissue and an inability to run and a structural issue such as a PCL which prevents you from turning well, getting up to top speed quickly and causes pain when you are trying to. and in either case you go see the medical experts you dont wave them away.

look lets be clear he was heroic in the gf. But he clearly couldnt run for about ten minutes in both games and on both occasions he should have gone straight off to have it looked at.

look lets be clear he was heroic in the gf.
    Well at least you concede that. The rest of your 'in hindsight' criticisms are just bizarre. But, whatever.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

quite.

but not hindsight. watch the games.

easy to justify his decision in the second quarter of the gf because we won, easy to criticise his decision in the adelaide game because we lost.

But at least I have a simple and consistent position - if you suffer an injury which is stopping you from running and competing you get the medical staff to look at it - and hey they may be able to strap it up and get you back on the field.

But whatever as you say. Lets play injured players and not bother with medical staff at all.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    After a few weeks absence, the stats are back http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_u...s/Round_18.pdf

These players were the best 6:
    Robinson - 32 disposals 4 marks 5 tackles 10 clearances 4 inside50s 1 rebound50
    Biggs - 30 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 2 clearances 9 inside50s 3 rebound50s 1 behind
    Armstrong - 22 disposals 4 marks 3 inside 50s 5 rebound 50s 1 goal
    Brown - 17 disposals 5 marks 1 tackle 5 rebound 50s
    Perris - 21 disposals 4 marks 4 tackles 2 clearances 2 inside 50s 1 rebound 50
    Hadden - 10 disposals 3 tackles 4 clearances

Other listed players
    Morton - 23 disposals 4 marks 6 tackles 6 clearances 4 inside 50s 3 rebound50s 1 goal 1 behind
    Membrey - 21 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 10 inside50s 3 goals 1 behind
    Dick - 18 disposals 8 marks 2 rebound 50s
    Lockyer - 16 disposals 4 marks 2 tackles 1 clearance 3 rebound 50s
    Shaw - 16 disposals 6 marks 1 clearance 3 inside 50s 3 rebound 50s 1 behind
    Rohan - 11 disposals 4 marks 2 tackles 3 inside 50s 3 goals 2 behinds
    Richards - 10 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 4 rebound 50s

I wonder on those figures how Hadden got in the best?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I wonder on those figures how Hadden got in the best?
    From what I understand Ressies bests are not based solely on stats but on players meeting their particular KPIs. Maybe Hadden was tagging or something - whatever he was doing, it must have been what the coaching staff wanted to see.

Can anyone fill us in a bit more about this lad and whether we're likely to see more of him in future?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The @NEAFL_Eastern Round 18 Rising Star Nominee is @swansreserves topup Yarran Jaffer-Williams North East Australian Football League: Round 18 Rising Star Nominee: Yarran Jaffer-Williams #NEAFL #goswans

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234