Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Thanks Ugg. This is a great read, and invaluable for those who can't make it along to see the twos play. Though parts of it make me feel a tad sad. It must be very difficult being a fringe player with this team at the moment, or to succumb to a minor injury and then have to fight all over again to get another run in the seniors.

Tangentially, B. Plug, now there's a very unfortunate name.
    I'm told he plays as a stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Tangentially, B. Plug, now there's a very unfortunate name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I'm told he plays as a stopper.
    It's all scuttle butt...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It's all scuttle butt...
    I heard he usually plays the in-and-under role.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Veterans List
    When will the match wrap up be on the Swans site? Think it needs to be early Monday morning when it's interstate, for local games I think the ressie watchers wrap ups are more accurate :-)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Match wrap for away games usually Monday afternoon and video highlights (for both home and away) Tuesday afternon

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    And it's up!

Reserves win on the Gold Coast - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Rhyce 80 minutes and 'blowing'. Will be interesting to see what they do with him as the reserves have the bye. In an ideal world he would play a quarter as the sub but there's always the risk of having to use the sub early in case on injury.

It must have been an impressive 3rd quarter. They went from 4.8 in the 2nd to ....

.................................................. .....................................8.6 by the end of the 3rd

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It must have been an impressive 3rd quarter. They went from 4.8 in the 2nd to ....

.................................................. .....................................8.6 by the end of the 3rd
    B Plug went missing and they had to have a recount of behinds?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    And it's up!

Reserves win on the Gold Coast - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Rhyce 80 minutes and 'blowing'. Will be interesting to see what they do with him as the reserves have the bye. In an ideal world he would play a quarter as the sub but there's always the risk of having to use the sub early in case on injury.
    Why would we risk a player who has played 80 mins of footy and ends up puffed out in a backline that is performing to the high degree that they are. No way! I have no doubt the Match committee will stick with the current backs and probably the current team next week. We cannot afford any non match fit players against Wretchmond, they are playing too well. Even half match fit players. We no longer are in a position that experienced players who have been injured expect to come back in or be given preferential treatment. Our depth is huge and if a player is fit and playing well he gets the nod over a player who is unfit or out of form.

Jetts, Sammy, Rhyce, Rooster & even goodsie are or will come back through the Twos. It is all about match fitness and we have some important matches coming up and we simply can't risk players who are underdone. Trust the depth.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 22nd July 2013 at 06:19 PM.

Totally agree with the principle wolftone, but Goodesie will not come back through the 2s in a million years. Nor, most likely, will Sam Reid.

Kind of.....Goodsey no way. But Sam is still a kid, has a lot to learn, and for his own self confidence, particularly at this end of the season, they will probably ease back in.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Kind of.....Goodsey no way. But Sam is still a kid, has a lot to learn, and for his own self confidence, particularly at this end of the season, they will probably ease back in.
    As much as it pains me to say that a champion like Goodsie should come back through the Twos I think he should because he will be totally out of match fitness. Last year he had 4 matches off in the middle of the year and came back. He took a few weeks to get match fit even then. This time his time off is 6 matches and it is going to be much harder to regain match fitness and better he has a game at a lower, slower level where he can ease himself into the game. The a week later present for selection. I think we will manage without him until then. A totally fit Goodsie is better than one on one leg even if the one on one leg is still good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast