Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEAFL and the immediate future of AFL Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    Can't wait to see who "magic" their way through and what magic is required? No magic required by the Eagles or Sydney Uni. They are simply continuing along their journeys in the NEAFL. Both have long term visions and I would think that both are very committed to the next step in the NEAFL comp.
    Second bottom on the ladder, no obvious revenue stream, no corporate facilities - it's going to take something special for you guys to make it, but there are a lot of us who have no doubts at all that you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Aaaah, I copy now.

Very exciting though, 14 team comp. Saves the Thunder from persuing the SANFL option they were shopping around previously.
    Would have thought the SANFL would have been much more appealing for the NT Thunder but guess they might be at a disadvantage not having the AFL top up players...

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Would have thought the SANFL would have been much more appealing for the NT Thunder but guess they might be at a disadvantage not having the AFL top up players...
    Leaves a massive gap between the haves and have nots.

Interestingly, I was watching a replay of Port Melbourne v Bendigo, two standalone VFL teams, and the standard was quite high, given that Aussie Jones' Bendigo squad has an average age of 21 and only 3 or 4 blokes with more than 15 VFL games experience!

A pretty pointless media release re: NEAFL that giving rise to many questions - tells you they are moving from two conferences to one and that Tuggeranong is out, nothing more at all. Any QLD teams out? How many teams in the single conference?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123