Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Game Day thread Rd 17 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Peversely for Smith, I think Rampe already gets more external accolades than him. Serially underrated.
    Didn't get the Cleo Stud of the Year Award either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Swans performances like this beg the following questions:

Come finals time, with no margin for error, would you rather have:

- An in-form White or an out-of-form Reid?
    - An in-form White or an out-of-form Goodes?
    - An in-form Brandon Jack or an out-of-form Jetta?
    - An in-form Rohan or an out-of-form Jetta?
    - An in-form Everitt or an out-of-form LRT?
    Come finals time, I'd take Goodes in a wheelchair with one wheel missing over anyone. His on-field leadership can't be replaced.

Good question on Reid v White though. They bring different things to the table and Jesse's certainly making the case for what he brings. This weekend will be telling. To get over the line, Jesse needs to:
    1. Keep building in confidence. He's bringing more to the table each week and its great to see.
    2. Prove his consistency against some top teams. WCE was great. Tigers would be even better!
    3. Keep building AFL level fitness. Seems to be a bit of a last qtr fade out ATM, probably from the step up in intensity between NEAFL and AFL. Finals are another step up, but it should come with more match time. He's certainly built the base for it.
    He's been gifted an opportunity, but is grabbing it with both hands and his teeth. If the Swans can pull off another premiership, Jesse's will be one of a number of great stories.

Definitely take Jetta's finals experience over BJ, talented as he is.

Close one on Rohan, though I'd lean to Jetta's. it'd be very form-driven. This is probably a three way comp with Lamb, who's building nicely.

Lastly Everitt on fitness and the stability of the back 6. Plus I don't think LRT's coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

A couple of post game thoughts:

If Jesse can maintain this form he's in our best 22, ahead of Reid.

Lamb is an elite kick. Becoming a big fan.

cant we just have them all in teh 22 ?

it is quite amazing the intensity that we are bringing - I am blown away at the moment by our step up in aggression - the likes of Mitchell and Parker just love mixing it with the big boys and it is freeingup Keiran and Macca to be super stars in our counter attack !

The Cats, Bombers and Hawks have plenty of time to review and strategise because we aint going to change our game plan

HARD

DISCIPLINED

RELENTLESS !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I re-watched the Grand Final a couple of days ago and Jetta was instrumental in the win that day. I have him 4th best on ground for the Swans . Jetta at his best is mind-blowingly good. Almost worth taking a punt in the *hope* he comes into form.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    horse just is certainly bullish on Jesse at the minute

it was a bold move and White responded with 110% effort from the BIG MAN !!!
    One of the things I noticed in the Twos is Jesse is hellishly hard to tackle. He drags players along he is that strong. He did the same thing on the wing and gave a sensational handball yesterday. He got in amongst the really hard stuff and cleared the packs. We were able to get ball movement from his, Mummy's and Pykies bollocking. Plus Jesse is really deceptively quick and elusive so could burn players off too. Wow I am so glad for him that he is converting all his effort in the Twos to great form in the Seniors.

By the way Jesse kicked another running goal but for mine the goal of the day was Chop's shimmer and over the shoulder job.

My favourite Jesse moment was when Teddy (?) kicked a shocker from LHB to the back of the square....where Jesse cleaned up the mess 1 on 3...then got the handball away which led to a goal. Possibly hes best moment in Red and white.

BTW did anyone notice Lamb getting an absolute roasting for kicking his brilliant first goal....player was 15 metres in the clear in the right pocket.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011