Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Team for Round 18 v Richmond: Rohan 'in the mix'

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I was thinking about our current Ruck/forward setup with 4 'monster' players that can play both ruck and forward. At first it would seem that we are too top heavy, but now I am beginning to feel that this could be the killer strategy for 2013. The fact that no other team plays with this kind of setup makes us different and not the kind of offense that other teams get to play on during the season. Last game Richmond played only 2 tall defenders, Rance and Carlisle. These 2 would have enough trouble handling Tippo and Pyke. But who takes White and what happens when Mummy goes forward? I think they will have to bring in at least one additional tall defender.
    I have watched the replay of the weagles game and was wondering if anyone else thought that the role Jesse played was not dissimilar to how Goodesy played before spending lots more time in the forward line. I am not suggesting Jesse is the next Goodes but that he is agile enough, and now fit enough to work up the field. It was great seeing him start on the wing at centre ball ups. His run into the forward line for a goal was very Goodes like and not the first of its type in the last few weeks!? I have often hoped Jesse would come good, now I'm hoping he can continue in this vein.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Richmond will fancy their chances this Sunday, especially has they have (good) form against The Swans, but I'm pretty confident the current Tsumami footy Sydney are playing will bamboozle em. Am taking a Rugby League mate, who is undergoing a conversion (to AFL and The Swans) to his first game, so that's what I'm hoping.
    HP
    Wretchmond have not enjoyed their experiences at the SCG at all. Since 2009 they have played here 3 times for three losses by 19 (2009), 55 (2010) & 10 (2011). We only played them at the G in 2012 and lost by 29 points. the G is a fortress for Wretchmond against the interstate teams and they have played well there even when down. Interstate is a far different prospect, their form has been mixed. This year so fat they have performed well interstate but lost to Freo by a point at Pattersons, beat a depleted Weagles, beat Port. Last year they could ony beat GWS & Port whoo were terrible and were beaten by GCS & Freo.

but it is this year that we have to judge and their form interstate is not that bad compared to previous years but two of the sides they beat were depleted at the time. Weagles had half a side and GCs had no Ablett and altogether 8 players considered in their top line up out. It is very hard to judge where exactly Wretchmond are at this time, certainly better than last year but still a little up and down.

I have to say, I am pretty confident we will give Richmond a nice little touch up this weekend irrespective of who is selected in the 22. No doubt, they have improved this year but I don't think they are in the same class as Sydney yet and I suspect a dose of reality may be on the cards.

As an aside, I am playing golf all weekend around the Port Macquarie area with some old rugby mates and will be driving back to Sydney airport through our twilight fixture. Are there any radio stations that would be covering the game as I head south down the Pacific Highway from Port to Sydney? Or do I have to listen to league all the way and take score updates as they come through?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I have to say, I am pretty confident we will give Richmond a nice little touch up this weekend irrespective of who is selected in the 22. No doubt, they have improved this year but I don't think they are in the same class as Sydney yet and I suspect a dose of reality may be on the cards.

As an aside, I am playing golf all weekend around the Port Macquarie area with some old rugby mates and will be driving back to Sydney airport through our twilight fixture. Are there any radio stations that would be covering the game as I head south down the Pacific Highway from Port to Sydney? Or do I have to listen to league all the way and take score updates as they come through?
    Swansongster the game will be broadcast on ABC & Triple M. I suspect you would need to listen to ABC local radio. Port Mac is 684AM, Manning is 95.5FM, Pt Stephen 95.9FM & Newcastle 1233AM. Sydney ABC Local is 702AM. So you should be set for the whole trip, good luck & let's hope it is a positive broadcast.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 24th July 2013 at 11:53 AM.

MMM Sydney do all the Swans games, usually with Luffy and Brad Seymour so its great listening. You'll pick it up about the Toukley interchange on the F3, before that i doubt you'll find anything, ABC drifts in and out up here.

Download the AFL app on your phone, go to the match centre and select 'live audio' in the top right-hand corner. Then you can choose which radio station calling the match that you want to listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Download the AFL app on your phone, go to the match centre and select 'live audio' in the top right-hand corner. Then you can choose which radio station calling the match that you want to listen to.

Then you get AFL Radio too.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I have watched the replay of the weagles game and was wondering if anyone else thought that the role Jesse played was not dissimilar to how Goodesy played before spending lots more time in the forward line. I am not suggesting Jesse is the next Goodes but that he is agile enough, and now fit enough to work up the field. It was great seeing him start on the wing at centre ball ups. His run into the forward line for a goal was very Goodes like and not the first of its type in the last few weeks!? I have often hoped Jesse would come good, now I'm hoping he can continue in this vein.
    I think it's the same role that Reid was playing before he was injured, but White's size makes him more dominant and prominent.

There was a point in the match where someone kicked across the goal face and White almost took a massive specie. Didn't quite stick, but I thought it must be seriously disconcerting as a defender to suddenly find Jesse White perched on your shoulder!

On the Rookie List
    Although I feel this is less than a danger game than West Coast, they are all must-wins from here so I wouldn't be taking this opportunity to be messing with the team by blooding new players. Do it against teams like the Bulldogs if you have to. There is no way Shaw or Rohan will be back this week - but it is awesome to know that they will be back. I see the Saints game as the one that brings back Rohan, and maybe a couple of others too.

This week, make BJ the sub and give Cunningham a full game (as someone said earlier). BJ needs a bit of a break to get his head around AFL-level football.

Thanks for the tips. Haven't upgraded to a smartphone yet (my old dumb phone works fine except for this sort of situation).

I can't imagine that local ABC would be doing the Swans game in NSW instead of Wok and the boys rambling on endlessly about rugby league? MMM sounds like the go and 4:40 is about when I would expect to be getting Toukley-ish. Hopefully I can watch the 2nd half at a pub near the airport. It's a long time since I've been to the Alex (and never to watch footy). I used to work not far from there.

On the Rookie List
    Tigers have got lots of small runners, so I suspect BJ and Harry will get full games and our newest favourite, Jesse White, will get the vest. Rohan and Shaw are about as much chance as me, for this week.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Tigers have got lots of small runners, so I suspect BJ and Harry will get full games and our newest favourite, Jesse White, will get the vest. Rohan and Shaw are about as much chance as me, for this week.
    Alternatively, the strategy might be to go very tall in the forward line to stretch their defence. The need to cover lots of smaller runners is less important on the SCG than it might be on the MCG, particularly as the smaller players we do have are officially members of the hardest two-way running midfield in the AFL.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast