Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for Round 18 v Richmond: Rohan 'in the mix'

Team for Round 18 v Richmond: Rohan 'in the mix'

If his comeback is next week it it's at the right ground. Shaw is under consideration too.

If not, sounds like they are both huge chances to play in the finals.

From Longmire's postmatch presser:

"They have been training really hard and we will sit down during the week and see how those blokes are going."

Longmire said Shaw and Rohan would be "in the mix" for the match against Richmond at the SCG on Sunday

Rohan a chance of shock return - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Maybe Rohan in as sub??
    Highly doubt he'd get a full game
    Great news though!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Talk about misleading, what he actually said in the press conference was that he 'hoped' to get those players back 'over the coming weeks'. Rohan played 40 minutes last week, 70 minutes on Saturday in a reserves match, it's still a long way off from an AFL game. Even if we named him as the sub there is always the risk that he may be called into action early in case of an injury to a teammate. Not sure how much Shaw played.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Brandon jack not quite there.
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Agree. Would like to see him as sub and cunningham get a full game. That's if there's no changes..
    +1 from me too, I suspect some of bigger bodies he is facing in the 1sts could start to wear him down. So let Brandon wear the green for a week, inject him when the pace of the game has reduced somewhat and he can make best use of his pace. Incidentally an injection of pace may well be needed against the Tiggers who ran us off our feet last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Talk about misleading, what he actually said in the press conference was that he 'hoped' to get those players back 'over the coming weeks'. Rohan played 40 minutes last week, 70 minutes on Saturday in a reserves match, it's still a long way off from an AFL game. Even if we named him as the sub there is always the risk that he may be called into action early in case of an injury to a teammate. Not sure how much Shaw played.
    Gotta love reading between the lines.

"We had Gary Rohan and Rhyce Shaw play yesterday. Shaw played his first match and played quite well," he said.

"We hope to get those players back over the coming weeks.

"They are going quite well. Our reserves had a really good win yesterday. But we don't want to rush them either. They need to have a good preparation.

Click here to vote for the three best Swans player from the match

"They have been training really hard and we will sit down during the week and see how those blokes are going."

No changes for this week unless there's an injury we're not yet aware of.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I hope he returns at the SCG. Can you imagine the roar as he takes the field?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Even ANZ would be a disappointment.

Also imagine the lift it would give the players! I wouldn't be surprised if Horse plays him this week. Consider that he'd want to maximise his senior game time before letting him loose on Simmonds Stadium again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Senior Player
    We MUST drop Dan Hannebery .....cos every time we lose a key Premiership winner , we unearth another star !

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    We MUST drop Dan Hannebery .....cos every time we lose a key Premiership winner , we unearth another star !
    I agree, I thought Hanners had a shocker in Perth on the weekend.

Ins. Shaw, Rohan
    Outs. Cunningham, BJ.

I can only presume that this is what you see happening in a few weeks. I think both will have their game time managed until they are both playing about 80-95% of a ressies game and then they'll be right to be picked.

I suspect still two weeks away for them both.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast