Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parker about to sign for another 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    quite a few...

2013 - RWOwiki
    I don't know how that stacks up against other years and other clubs....but....
    Lamb
    Johnson
    Smith
    Mumford
    White
    Everitt
    Bolton
    Shaw
    Morton

Seems like a very manageable group of signings....With Mummy the notable exception.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Opti-pessi-misti
    Maybe depend on whether Jude and Rhyce want to run around next year. If one or both were to retire it would free up some dollars for Mummy, Smithy and AJ. Hopefully White, Everitt, Morton and Lamb can be accommodated as well.

They'll all sign imo. Bolton might retire and Morton could be pushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Seems like a very manageable group of signings....With Mummy the notable exception.
    If anything, Mummy will be looking for something long term as insurance against injury. I think the Swans will be accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    They'll all sign imo. Bolton might retire and Morton could be pushed out.
    Morton will get another year.

Just wild about Harry
    As per usual, we do need to trim our list at the end of the season...

Lamb will be hard to keep - would walk into Demons , Dogs or Saints top team and given our depth and the bigger bucks other teams will be able to offer especially now that he has had a taste of senior footy with all our injuries don't see why he would stay - hopefully we won't have the same injuries next year - the realities of being a successful club - we cant keep them all and he is too good to play NEAFL for another year.

No way we'll let Lamb go. Top 20 pick and we're just seeing how good he can be.

Lamb was awesome on the weekend, break out game

The consequence of being a gun team is salary cap issues.
    First you jettison depth. Done.
    Second you start early retirements. Marty gone already. Jude to go. Maybe even goodes?

Bolton doesn't have long left tbh, and I'm not sold on how well LRT can recover.

As harsh as it sounds I'd let Morton go before Lamb or White and Armstrong should be shown the door. He's a hack.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    No way we'll let Lamb go. Top 20 pick and we're just seeing how good he can be.
    If he's out of contract and being offered more money and/or senior football opportunities by other clubs, we may not have a choice. Hopefully he loves being at the Swans as much as the likes of Hanners, JPK and Parker seem to, and is prepared to back himself to retain his spot next season and beyond.

At very worst, if he does decide pastures might be greener elsewhere, the last few weeks have shown he is capable of playing at senior level, so we should get back a pick around what we spent on him. Hopefully he decides to hang around a bit longer, though.

Great news on Parker.

He reminds me of a young Luke Power in a very powerful Brisbane line up...except I think our Luke is more of a hard nut.

Going to be tough to keep all our players at the end of this year. Interesting list management exercise ahead.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast