Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Parker about to sign for another 3 years

While it is business and there may be no friends in business, doing the right thing by a long term prospect such as AJ may be great business into the future. Even if he is currently broken.

Treating clients, staff or suppliers with disrespect doesn't create a sustainable business.

In this case, dumping a proven performer and extremely promising prospect off the list and onto a rookie salary just because you can sounds like a great way to undermine the positive club culture. Every other playing coming to the end of their contract and fielding offers from other clubs will immediately look at how the club's treated other good performers and treat them with the same respect.

It's Blood culture - playing his role.
    -

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Treating clients, staff or suppliers with disrespect doesn't create a sustainable business.

In this case, dumping a proven performer and extremely promising prospect off the list and onto a rookie salary just because you can sounds like a great way to undermine the positive club culture. Every other playing coming to the end of their contract and fielding offers from other clubs will immediately look at how the club's treated other good performers and treat them with the same respect.
    Whilst I'm not saying I agree with it, didn't Campbell Heath get bumped to the rookie list after long term injury issues so he had a season to work them out? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Whilst I'm not saying I agree with it, didn't Campbell Heath get bumped to the rookie list after long term injury issues so he had a season to work them out? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    I think he got delisted then re drafted onto the rookie list BUT i'm not sure!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I guess the difference being was that Cambo didn't have the runs on the board as AJ had - it was more a case of doing it to keep him on the list and to give him a chance to make it. Which he has, albeit with another club, so it's worked out for Cambo. I don't think AJ's circumstances would lead to that - we'd be more likely to delist one of the youngsters that hasn't yet made the grade, and then rookie them to give them another year to make it.

Why not delist Walsh and sign him up as an Irish rookie? He's got another year on his contract, but who knows if he'll every play another game.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard Andrew Ireland say a few weeks ago that there was still room in our salary cap to sign another established player if we wanted. That was before the announcement of Mort's retirement. Mattner gone, Morton gone....and maybe Bolts/LRT. The money WILL be used to keep our promising list together (AJ,Smith,Parker and dare I say it Everitt as I thought he'd never make it). Mumford is playing his best for sometime...he wants that 4 year contract. Jessie White is an interesting situation ....the club now probably want to keep him but I have a feeling Jessie will choose to grab a bigger contract at another club at year's end. His interview with Barry Hall at the end of today's game saying he will wait until the end of the year about his contract smacked of other more attractive options. I would not begrudge him one bit if he chose to move on and I would wish him the very best. Maybe if he goes that we can cash in on more than the'steak and knives deal' that he was involved in last trading period.

Jesse was on I believe $300k pa

how much more would other teams be prepared to pay is the big question ?

secondly we simply need to keep White at the right price - i honestly believe he has turned the corner - his body language and efforts is chalk and cheese to the last couple of seasons......he can play in the ruck when needed as well as a key forward.

Kurt and Jesse are a great combo and they appear to be feeding off each others success..........and lastly Goodes is 33yrs of age but his knees are 53yrs of age.........Love Goodesy but we need the key tall forward depth of Kurt and Jesse.........we have been burnt with Jesse's last contract but I dont think we will on the next one.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345