Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin Rumour

Can't believe this thread has gone to 2 pages.
    I call bull@@@@

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I think we could be players in this if we wanted to, but the real issue is that we don't want, nor do we need, Franklin.
    The good thing about Tippett, Jesse, Pykie & Mummy is that all could play as key forwards, all of them are capable of kicking a couple to a few in the same game (so their combined talley could easily be half a dozen plus for a game), NONE of them seem to mind if they're not the focal point at full forward (they're happy to be the decoy, or the contest maker or happy for the others when one of the others scores).
    Most other single power-forwards will have off games (meaning that there must be an alternative avenue for goals), or they get grumpy when they are not the focal avenue to goal production. This can result in petulance or cause them to roam further afield to get into the play (meaning they're not at home to kick the goals).
    Moreover, our current talls can play a variety of positions (FF, CHF, ruck, tall winger for Jesse??, tall last line defender, competitive CHB for kick-ins after opposition points) and for the last few weeks seemingly effectively combining. Hopefully this might be another pioneering new gameplan developed by the Swans that other clubs will firstly have to counter (like the flood, stoppage, & the slingshot rebound) - while they're doing this, we're surging toward the finals - & then the other teams try to emulate (by which time the Swans are developing a new gameplan. Beauty of this one (if it works) I'd that it requires recruiting the right (possibly unique) players ... athletic, agile, strong and rediculously tall.

On the Rookie List
    Will not happen. Franklin's ego wouldn't fit in with the bloods culture.

After watching his ordinary performance , against a defender (Ted) with torn ligaments, in the GF....Why would we bother.

He's an amazing talent when on....but he's also an erratic selfish player, with a dickie knee and a big ,big head.......

No thanks, I'd rather stick with Mummy and co.

But hey, what a great piece of insightful, accurate, work from SEN.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I call bull@@@@
    I like how this post is at the top of page 3

I had a twitter brawl with Barwick last year after he said 'Sam Reid is carrying an injury'. I had attended training THAT DAY and had photos of him taking hangers over the marking bag and asked him would any team allow an injured player do that? He hasn't been to Swans training in years and is full of BS in my opinion.

On the veteran's list
    The Swans get linked to every player who the media even suspect is going to leave. I see that Andrew Ireland dismissed rumours that we were after Dustin Martin who is out of contract and is reportedly chasing more money than Richmond is willing to pay.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Only 298 to go.......

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I like how this post is at the top of page 3
    I'm still on Page 2....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I'll put my bit in at this stage......have to get in early, its page 3 after all. A) We don't need him. b) he is not good enough. c) he keeps breaking. d) why???? e) just my opinion but I don't think he is a dickhead. Of course he would have an ego, they all do, it would be unheard of for a squad of 44 players to be all shrinking violets (they are not) but its not a headlining issue. May be a Plugger in waiting, wanting a bit of peace and quiet, wouldn't get it in W.A., S.A., or Victoria. But no. I cannot see it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Absolute rubbish rumour in my opinion. Buddy tweeted on #Buddy13 something along the lines of ' Great to see Suckling out there (in that game) can't wait to play with hime next year. Sounds as if he is staying at Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    After watching his ordinary performance in the GF....
    You must have watched a different GF to me....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast