Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leaping Leo is still kicking goals...or flying high...or grabbing the headlines

Goes up to 11
    If you have super you're all in it kids....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Yes. by government decree we are all in the gambling game. Other people, who may be great footballers, get to play with and profit from, money set aside for our future.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Yes. by government decree we are all in the gambling game. Other people, who may be great footballers, get to play with and profit from, money set aside for our future.
    You're in control and if you don't want Leo to have a say in how your money is invested, he can't touch it.

Ps I don't like stockbrokers either, therefore I choose not to give them control of any of my money. But if I did, I would probably lean towards a former Swan as I'd expect they'd have been brung up to act with at least a bit of responsibility...

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So you have a choice between making or losing money on investments? And we're debating this?

Is the earth flat too?

Um. We don't have a choice. One day my dollar is worth $1.03, the next it might be $.93 even if I choose not invest and to keep it under my bed. So the world is never flat.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    To be honest it is very, very rare for a sportsman of any ilk to veer to the left.....PGA tour said that 99.1% of the golfers voted Republican. Sportsmen = don't think deeply = vote Conservative. Artists the exact opposite :-)
    golfers will always vote to the right because they come from the right. If you don't have private funds you can't survive in golf until you make if you do make it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Yes and in the near past how much super has just been lost? I lost all my super, not by my own design but other people investing my super in dangerous investments. I am trying to sue because they used my suer for International investment when I consciously ticked only the boxes for local investment and more so for the Real Estate market.

While saying that it is nice he is successful at least he is not like my fund managers, @@@@wits!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So you have a choice between making or losing money on investments? And we're debating this?

Is the earth flat too?
    Pretty much no one in the middle ages nor throughout all history has ever believed the earth to be flat. This was a myth circulated in the late 19th century by a hoax/misinformation book that most people today think is true.

- - - Updated - - -

...Gary Moorecroft's hairstyle, on the other hand - THAT was flat.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Seems the club colours isn't the only redness to be found on RWO. And while I share the disdain expressed by many for professional financial speculators, I can't help but draw a comparison between the career option chosen by Leo, Ball, Pyke etc and Cressa's self destructive but somewhat similar need to gamble. It seems adrenaline/risk addiction is a common footballer/exfootballer problem.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Totally R&R. I think you've hit the nail on the head.
    It's the "excitement" factor.

Working in law is as low as I'll ever go. No finance, insurance or real estate for me!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123