Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we beat Richmond?

Can we beat Richmond?

Is a question for Sunday...

But can we beat Hawthorn is a bigger question in the context of this season. Often when you watch a team be scary good you think nobody could stop them. Hawthorn were scary good last night I thought. But people watching us this year have thought the same thing about us.

So yeah we can beat Hawthorn. It would be particularly sweet to lose to them another two times this year and then beat them in the grand final...

Blog Entries
    Yes, they were good against Essendon. But so were we a month or so ago.

Footy gives the saying "the best laid plans of mice and men" meaning. The ball bounces all over the place therefore bouncing with intent to get the ball back might not always happen. Kicking that bouncing goal might just turn into kicking that bouncing point as the ball takes a right angle turn. Coming into a Grand Final the unbeatable favourite sometimes ends in tears. The Hawks are an sensational team, they prove it every week and last night was one of their most superb performances.But after the Adelaide match the media were saying the same of us. Can we beat them? Time, the last round and September will tell.

Last night I enjoyed watching the Hawks dissect and bury the Bombers. The emotional toll was heavy on James Hird as his press conference showed. But my problem with the whole saga is if they didn't want all this bother then why investigate getting an edge by chemical means in the first place? As far as I am concerned all steroidal meds, body building supplements and other chemical should be out of bounds to all teams. Most of the stuff has never been clinically trialled and there is no evidence of the long term effect on players. I am glad our players are not on any chemical regime, legal or not.

Yes. Of course.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Of course we can. Let them have all the attention, just like last year.

We play our best against Hawthorn when we man up their defenders, remember the first quarter of the GF? We put more people on the ball and we kicked straight back to them, we just need to trust ourselves and man up, that's also what happened to us this year, and then when we did man up, we had terrible licks inside 50, so we just have to be on our game!

Any of the Swans, Cats or Hawks that make the GF will give footy fans a great show. I think it's just about a toss up as to who's the best.

Hope we bring our A-gamen on Sunday and show we are up there with Hawthorn, who put on a mighty powerful performance last night.

PS: I would like to see GWS land Buddy. Will be great for Sydney football.

On the Rookie List
    Aside from last night, I don't think Hawthorn have been that spectacular all year. Their big stars are x-factors - which means they're patchy. They are not consistent and won't always fire. There are tactics that can be used to try to ensure this. Most of their wins have been workman-like wins, rather than scintillating untouchable plays.

The Swans always drop a few games, and take a long time to warm up. Last time we played them, we hadn't figured out what our structure was going to be for the year given the injuries, and we hadn't discovered which players will be stepping into certain roles. Plus they came to play, we didn't. The Hawks have always played power-forwards against us, but never faced a Swans power forward. We now have Tippett, in addition to all the other options that we have already beat them with, so we'll see how they handle that. It must have been comparatively easy for them in the past to just mix and match their defenders on us. Now, their no.1 Lake goes to Tippett, and they need to find other quality to stop our other quality. Our midfield is better. We will beat them in round 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    PS: I would like to see GWS land Buddy. Will be great for Sydney football.
    Me too, but more for what the Hawks lose than what the Giants gain.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Lets be honest. Essendon aren't that good, and prob one of the worst ever teams 2nd on the ladder at this stage of the season. Esp missing watson.

They struggled to beat gws a week after we smashed them by 120 points, and the week before, the bulldogs were within 5 points with 5 mins to go

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Lets be honest. Essendon aren't that good, and prob one of the worst ever teams 2nd on the ladder at this stage of the season. Esp missing watson.
    Not that Good?

Then why are their great midfield of Thymowatson, Ayodi and Dank the talk of the town?

On the Rookie List
    Yes we can and will beat Richmond...in regard to Hawthorn they were this ominous last year as well and we all know what happened, finals is and will be different and the pressure on them will be huge, they also have to find a way to get over the Kennett curse, they have alot of work to do to win the flag yet. I'm loving how we are just going about it, playing the kids, getting the wins whilst still consolidating top 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast