Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers game day 28 July

Anybody else getting nervous about KT's play on and kick after taking a mark?? He's done it twice and twice it's paid off, but I would still like to see him just have a normal set shot. He's not taking "kicking snap" goal tips from Mitch is he???

- - - Updated - - -

Dominating this game but just not scoring!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well love to stay and chat all day but have to suit up and go and play hockey. Later everyone!
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Half-time 8-7 to 6-4.

Swans dominated the quarter. Didn't hit the scoreboard a lot but kept Richmond to one goal.

ROK, Hannebery and Mitchell getting a lot of it. Nice snaps by Mitchell and Jack that quarter.

The big guys are doing well. The old Mumford is back in town, Tippett and White are stretching the Tigers defence.
    Last edited by ShockOfHair; 28th July 2013 at 06:58 PM.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

We should be four goals up on the balance of play. We need to make more of our chances - really didn't that quarter. Jude and macca both needed to make more of their chances.

Finally, Tippett roves a marking contest and gets first goal for the quarter. 9-9 to 6-4

Uh oh....

After dominating the first ten minutes of the quarter, we have just butchered our chances. Very disappointing effort

Lead back to 16 points. Pyke set shot from Brandon Jack assist.

Nice reply after two quick goals to Reiwoldt.

- - - Updated - - -

Does any kick a better goal on the run that Kieren Jack? His second for thegame.

Swans by 22

- - - Updated - - -

Sub: Brandon off, Harry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Coast to coast.
    4 goals to Jesse White.

We've sure have seen the best and worst from Jesse in this game.

Kieran's limping now hope it's not too serious especially since we've got Mal playing with his dodgy collarbone too.

Can we fit Naismith into this side for some more tall timber?! Seriously ... we need a traditional, less mobile tall coz Tippett, Mummy, Pykie & the irrepressible Jesse are playing like mid-fielders! Goodsey & Sammy Reid are relatively short & equally agile in comparison. Horse has to find a way to fit them all in to scare the bejesus out of any opposition player under 6'0"!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    After dominating the first ten minutes of the quarter, we have just butchered our chances. Very disappointing effort
    Yup sux that we're 5 1/2 goals up against a top 6 side. Really disappointing

Oh shoot! Now it's 6 1/2 goals ... getting worse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    We've sure have seen the best and worst from Jesse in this game.
    What are the WORST bits? Seems to have had a pretty good game from what I'm watching ... creating a contest, kicking pretty well, running, chasing, attempting to lay tackles, even showing a little agro.

Worst bits were missing from a couple of metres out like Brandon did against GWS, not noticing Macca free in the goal square (he'll get a reprieve for that one since he goalled it), hitting his opponent high when we had an advantage which resulted in a free going the other way and Jack R goalling.

As I said when he's kicked the goals he's been fantastic but things like the above still make me want to throttle him at times.

Nuffie we should have been up by four goals at half time and eight by three quarter - our sloppy finishing kept them in it for much longer than it needed to

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Nuffie we should have been up by four goals at half time and eight by three quarter - our sloppy finishing kept them in it for much longer than it needed to
    Fair enuff ... I'd like to go on record as saying well done boys! I'm personally very proud of all of you ... Jesse too (maybe especially Jesse) ... but maybe I'm biased

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast