Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers game day 28 July

Great win. With 8-point games coming up against Hawks and Cats, good chance we can finish top 2

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Worst bits were missing from a couple of metres out like Brandon did against GWS, not noticing Macca free in the goal square (he'll get a reprieve for that one since he goalled)
    I think B.Jack was actually in a much better position from memory, wasn't he?

& if a key forward is confident to kick for goal, shouldn't he? You wouldn't have begrudged Plugger or BBBH a set shot if they thought they could kick it (not that Jesse is their calibre, but he is a KP forward & he thought he could kick it ... & he was vindicated IMO).

16-14 to 9-9. Nice win. Kept RIchmond to four goals in the last three quarters. We're now third with increased percentage.

Jesse White finished with 4 goals, had 10 score involvements.

ROK, Mitchell, Hannebery probably our best, but very even overall.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Worst bits were missing from a couple of metres out like Brandon did against GWS, not noticing Macca free in the goal square (he'll get a reprieve for that one since he goalled it), hitting his opponent high when we had an advantage which resulted in a free going the other way and Jack R goalling.

As I said when he's kicked the goals he's been fantastic but things like the above still make me want to throttle him at times.
    I'm sorry, but...
    1. The miss was not remotely like Brandon's miss
    2. Missing McVeigh wasn't that bad, and frankly for someone who pings away at anything as quickly as our captain does (you can pick either of them there, really!) he carried on like a bit of a pork chop. Team play is about looking for your open teammate, but I think visibly throwing a tanty when your teammate is getting ready for a shot on goal is worse.
    3. That's a skill error making an effort that the coaching staff will want him to make. They'll take that one, I guarantee if any message went to him it would be "don't worry about it"

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm sorry, but...
    2. Missing McVeigh wasn't that bad, and frankly for someone who pings away at anything as quickly as our captain does (you can pick either of them there, really!) he carried on like a bit of a pork chop. Team play is about looking for your open teammate, but I think visibly throwing a tanty when your teammate is getting ready for a shot on goal is worse.
    3. That's a skill error making an effort that the coaching staff will want him to make. They'll take that one, I guarantee if any message went to him it would be "don't worry about it"
    Yeah I wasn't impressed with that. Poor form.

two words:

Comprehensive Win !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

secondly poor old Tigers really struggled with our 4 Talls rotation thru our forward line

So not fair to say that Jesse is massively on the rise but I tell you what from where he was to where he is now ------ He is loving football and making great second efforts and structured tap downs for his smalls crumb and kick goals and chasing in defence and smiling and ........and I am happy too !!!!

Go Jesse !!!!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Yeah I wasn't impressed with that. Poor form.
    Me neither. Jesse should not have turned his back, but Macca should be more encouraging.
    The mental side to Jesse's game still needs a bit of work. But the physical side is quite good at the moment.
    Lamb and Mitchell are also not quite in the mental groove to make quite decisions. They tend to hold play up to take stock of what's happening. They can only get better with more experience.

.................................................. .................................................. ........................

On the game in general, despite winning by a comfortable margin I thought there was a lot of loose play on our part. We made plenty of mistakes, especially early on. We wouldn't have gotten away with it against Hawthorn.

But the overall weight of ball pressure from the midfield seems almost enough to get us over the line.

Senior Player
    Well done , lads !! The margin was deserved , but I do not think that was an easy game - we had to work hard.

Probably an even more rounded performance than last week . I've decided my TLM 3-2-1 , but I reckon there's 12 or more candidates for votes.

Did Jesse make the right decision to ignore Macca and go for goal ? I don't think so - buy hey , he put it through and after years of criticism he's endured for being a bit soft , you can't really deny him an "alpha male" moment , can you ? Looked like he'd got an injection of mongrel DNA from Benny McGlynn. Or maybe he's just got his head right, at last , this season? By any objective standard , Jesse White had a fine game.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm sorry, but...
    Macca going off was like Shaw going off at Goodes two years ago (think it was two years ago now when he had the hissy fit)

Overall, post-game I was happy with Jesse there were way more positives than negatives. The ones I pointed out above people sitting around me also mentioned. Hence my rant above which happened during the game which in hindsight I shouldn't have done (so apologies there).

The person I want to do a shout-out to today was Grundy. After slamming him for his shocking performance against the Demons he was fantastic in the backline today.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A little incident from Jesse that appealed to me: Lamb took a very good mark despite the attentions of two defenders, one of them started monstering Jed, Jesse pushed him flat on his back and firmly got in his face when the bloke got up and wanted to carry on.
    It occurred to me that Jesse might be reluctant to do that sort of thing on his own behalf but he wasn't going to let someone pick on his little mate Jed like that.
    Overall a good performance, despite the occasional clanger. To win a genuine danger game by eight goals and increase our percentage is a fine outcome.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Just back from the game, a real cracker! Lamb and B Jack looked excellent with ball in hand (no so good on the boot ). Jessie was THE presence on the field.

All evening the Swans bombed to Pyke and Tippet going up for the same mark - which never worked. I think it was team orders to advantage the crumbers but the Tigers managed to keep that partly under control. Jessie was leading more and thus became the most effective target.

Glad Bolton was out there but he had very few good kicks. They all looked good though. Happy days.

double vodka lemon pls
    Maccas hissy fit was shocking....I 100% back Jessie, we need to get off his back. It is now completely understandable why Jessie has had confidence issues when the captains carries on like a pork chop. We were well in front, Jessie is a GOOD kick...slow the game down and take the shot. And look....he kicked it so in Jessie we should trust..
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast