Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers game day 28 July

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    A little incident from Jesse that appealed to me: Lamb took a very good mark despite the attentions of two defenders, one of them started monstering Jed, Jesse pushed him flat on his back and firmly got in his face when the bloke got up and wanted to carry on.
    It occurred to me that Jesse might be reluctant to do that sort of thing on his own behalf but he wasn't going to let someone pick on his little mate Jed like that.
    Great observation, particularly that Jesse is reluctant to do that- I think Dustin Martin dropped the ball at one point when he look up and saw Jesse coming full steam at him, and all I could think was "that's really sweet, Dustin, but despite his size he is the last guy that is going to clean you up out there". What I loved about the instance you mentioned was that with some of the magoos he is used to playing with getting some burn it was fantastic to see Jesse feel natural stepping in and going "I'm the big dog, this is my ground and that's my little buddy". It was something where even if the ball had been turned over from it you can imagine every member of the coaching staff would have been watching it with him, saying "That! Do that!"

So the Jesse miss was a real miss? Because the replay from the ground was unclear and they replayed it a couple times. Was it touched on the line or did he miss the lot?

Didn't it shave the post? That was the impression I got from the replay.

I suspect Jesse could kick a bag of 12 and cure cancer during his downtime on the bench and there'd still be people on here who'd find reason to criticise. I thought he was dominant today in a way that Reid simply hasn't been.

On another subject, Mumford is certainly making a strong case for a juicy contract! He's been brilliant since returning from the cheekbone injury! Bolton also put in a massive effort up forward.

double vodka lemon pls
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    I suspect Jesse could kick a bag of 12 and cure cancer during his downtime on the bench and there'd still be people on here who'd find reason to criticise. I thought he was dominant today in a way that Reid simply hasn't been.

On another subject, Mumford is certainly making a strong case for a juicy contract! He's been brilliant since returning from the cheekbone injury! Bolton also put in a massive effort up forward.
    Agreed re Jessie, Get off the kids back everyone . This is why it has taken him so long to shine. If everyone tells you are crap you begin to believe it, time to stop and just believe in him. We need a confidence, string Jessie in our team, otherwise he will leave and find a team that will support him. I'm for one happy to keep him.
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

The White Knight's Night!

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    So the Jesse miss was a real miss? Because the replay from the ground was unclear and they replayed it a couple times. Was it touched on the line or did he miss the lot?
    Seriously?! Jesse named among Swans best & reported to have played his career best game on AFL.com & people still focus on his behind (the one he kicked, not his buns of steel!). What will it take to make people happy?! I hope Jesse kicks 15 goals a game up 'til the finals, wins the Coleman medal & hopefully then people will give him a little love ...

Great game Jesse!

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    What did we learn from today? That we once again have the ability to make a team in finals contention look 2nd rate. So many defenders & Malceski goes down & aside from a bit of the 1st & 2nd quarters we never let it worry us. He took a (legal) jab & just got on with it.

Mitchell Rampe & Lamb are now not only regular starters but are more than deserving of positions in the team on their own right regardless of whether injured players come back or not. I hope Cunningham will be the next one!

The most pleasing aspect of the day was how confident Jessie White was looking at CHF. He is getting game time now & he looking really confident & dominant when he gets near the ball. He is marking the ball well out in front of his face & is attacking the ball with a great deal of vigour. We have all at least questioned his worth to the team, so I think it is fair we give him credit for his present form as well. We are not missing Sammy Reid at all.

Incredible to think Goodes & McGlynn are missing from our forward line as well & we can have an experienced ex-onballer like Bolton sotting on hard forward as well.

Bring on the Doggies & another hopefully big win down here in Melbourne next Sunday!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

goswannies if you saw my follow-up post I had already apologised for my rant I made during the game. The quote above I didn't make that was in response to my initial post.

Hope Mal's collarbone is okay, he was wincing the whole game after that bump in the first minute of the game.

I thought Jesse was really good today and has been for some time. But there are people who just hate players because they are who they are. Jesse is loved by the younger group and he loves them and that love transferred today when Jed was being monstered. He was not going to let his mate be monstered by two blokes and he pushed them both around. Good on you Jesse, there was no chance of a reversal and a good chance of a 50. All the Twos guys love him and know how to play with him and it showed tonight. Four goals and making his presence known is good enough for me.

On the game as whole, there were times when I wished to throttle the forwards, especially in the first quarter. They were allowing their men to run off them and set up the overlap. Bolton, White, BJ & when Lukie was in the forward line were giving their opponents far too much latitude. After quarter time this was rectified. I loved the way we started to throw the ball around, very trick.

haha being saying the same thing about jesse since they threw him in the ruck, he is a forward who need some confidence in himself and from the coaching staff. I have a nice warm humble pie in the oven should be plenty here lining up for a slice ...you know who you are.

Cheers

waz

At this moment in time I'd be happy to have Jesse over Reid

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Great observation, particularly that Jesse is reluctant to do that- I think Dustin Martin dropped the ball at one point when he look up and saw Jesse coming full steam at him, and all I could think was "that's really sweet, Dustin, but despite his size he is the last guy that is going to clean you up out there". What I loved about the instance you mentioned was that with some of the magoos he is used to playing with getting some burn it was fantastic to see Jesse feel natural stepping in and going "I'm the big dog, this is my ground and that's my little buddy". It was something where even if the ball had been turned over from it you can imagine every member of the coaching staff would have been watching it with him, saying "That! Do that!"
    I love this post so much, Jesse the big dog!! I'm really enjoying his resurgence.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast