Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers game day 28 July

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    JW is in fine form, so pleased , actually make that over the moon he's still with us !
    Macca is playing beautiful football and has one of the slickest shimmers in the game with one hand on top of the ball.
    Magic. His opponent is usually left spread eagled on the ground.
    This team is in a constant state of motion , spinning, weaving , shimmying, dodging and selling dummies and its spooking the rivals.
    Another very good performance. Took a League mate, he was impressed.

HP

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    At this moment in time I'd be happy to have Jesse over Reid
    Couldn't agree more. It's a no-brainer!

Plus I know that realistically only Shaw, McGlynn, Rohan and possibly Goodes have to come back in to the side. However I can only comfortably name BJ and Cunningham as the ones to make way. There is no way you would drop White, Everitt, Mitchell, Lamb, Rampe etc. No way. If the club drops White, I will lose a large degree of faith in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It's a no-brainer!

Plus I know that realistically only Shaw, McGlynn, Rohan and possibly Goodes have to come back in to the side. However I can only comfortably name BJ and Cunningham as the ones to make way. There is no way you would drop White, Everitt, Mitchell, Lamb, Rampe etc. No way. If the club drops White, I will lose a large degree of faith in the club.
    I agree with Mitchell, White and Rampe but I think Lamb would have to make way as well, and I could see Everitt losing his place to LRT or Shaw

i also thought that we were a bit off with our forward entries yesterday

there was a fai few miss kicks and higher then normal coming into our forward line

Kurt looked a little pissed off with over 8 kicks coming to him or near him i should say
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I haven't read the whole thread but unless I am mistaken there really hasn't been enough love for mummy. He looks increasingly like that tall mobile bruising midfielder who rucks again and it really does help the team.

Senior Player
    A bit off-topic but: how great was that sunset at the SCG yesterday! Saw a few fans snapping photos of the sky. Captured nicely along with JK in action in this photo.

Thought we went pretty well on the whole. Tigers got a great start but they were playing their best from the outset, we weren't. Once we took it up a notch, was only a matter of time before we over-ran them and they tired.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit off-topic but: how great was that sunset at the SCG yesterday! Saw a few fans snapping photos of the sky. Captured nicely along with JK in action in this photo.

Thought we went pretty well on the whole. Tigers got a great start but they were playing their best from the outset, we weren't. Once we took it up a notch, was only a matter of time before we over-ran them and they tired.

On the sunset issue, I bet there will be many who thought it was photo shopped. It wasn't it was amazing.

Loved Jesse's work. I almost loved Macca going off at him, and he should have turned to make sure there wasn't anyone in a better position. He was a long way out. NEVER turn your back. That will be a lesson learned.
    Next thing I appreciated is that Jesse has finally developed a self belief that wasn't rattled by Macca doing his block. That is a big leap forward. He also looked like he was having fun, instead of looking stressed.
    Thirdly, was right above the Don't think you are going to get away with That! moment. Used his size and aggressively enough, but definitely not enough to warrant any mention of disfavour. Loved Jed making sure he walked away. Funny thing is that we all know he is a softy and the monstering was never going to get 'real'.
    Fourthly, the tv commentators talked all through this incident and many many others, and I am now firmly convinced that they don't actually watch the game, or enjoy the events taking play as they are too busy puffing up their own egos by the "knowledge" they are imparting to us lesser mortals. It is frankly boring television and I am heartily sick of it. I wish they could be encouraged to put a sock in it.

Love Kizza's sheer enthusiasm and enjoyment of playing the game.
    I love the fact that when Tommy gets the ball I know he is going to kick a goal.
    I love the work that Mummy is doing - its massive, and he has reclaimed his place as number one ruckman. I bet some of the "will he be traded and where he could be most useful" editorials stung. First time I could say it was a good thing!

- - - Updated - - -

On the sunset issue, I bet there will be many who thought it was photo shopped. It wasn't it was amazing.

Loved Jesse's work. I almost loved Macca going off at him, and he should have turned to make sure there wasn't anyone in a better position. He was a long way out. NEVER turn your back. That will be a lesson learned.
    Next thing I appreciated is that Jesse has finally developed a self belief that wasn't rattled by Macca doing his block. That is a big leap forward. He also looked like he was having fun, instead of looking stressed.
    Thirdly, was right above the Don't think you are going to get away with That! moment. Used his size and aggressively enough, but definitely not enough to warrant any mention of disfavour. Loved Jed making sure he walked away. Funny thing is that we all know he is a softy and the monstering was never going to get 'real'.
    Fourthly, the tv commentators talked all through this incident and many many others, and I am now firmly convinced that they don't actually watch the game, or enjoy the events taking play as they are too busy puffing up their own egos by the "knowledge" they are imparting to us lesser mortals. It is frankly boring television and I am heartily sick of it. I wish they could be encouraged to put a sock in it.

Love Kizza's sheer enthusiasm and enjoyment of playing the game.
    I love the fact that when Tommy gets the ball I know he is going to kick a goal.
    I love the work that Mummy is doing - its massive, and he has reclaimed his place as number one ruckman. I bet some of the "will he be traded and where he could be most useful" editorials stung. First time I could say it was a good thing!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Another monkey off our back with a strong win over them.

Not much else to add, but i will say in regards to Jesse's shot from 50 with Macca screaming for it: That yes he was running into space and was open. But the timing of this was straight after Jesse's mark, and the Tigers players were streaming back to cover him. By the time Jesse had taken the mark and had a look, he would have been forced to swing around on his right off two steps and kick across his body and pinpoint Macca between 2 players at about 40m away with every second the ball was in the air the gap diminishing. The % option was to go back, settle and kick through it with confidence. Though if he'd had more of look even just for a tokenistic gesture then I think the commentators would have let it slide.

- - - Updated - - -

Another monkey off our back with a strong win over them.

Not much else to add, but i will say in regards to Jesse's shot from 50 with Macca screaming for it: That yes he was running into space and was open. But the timing of this was straight after Jesse's mark, and the Tigers players were streaming back to cover him. By the time Jesse had taken the mark and had a look, he would have been forced to swing around on his right off two steps and kick across his body and pinpoint Macca between 2 players at about 40m away with every second the ball was in the air the gap diminishing. The % option was to go back, settle and kick through it with confidence. Though if he'd had more of look even just for a tokenistic gesture then I think the commentators would have let it slide.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Hope Mal's collarbone is okay, he was wincing the whole game after that bump in the first minute of the game.
    He tweeted that its ok and he'll be playing next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

On the Rookie List
    Paul Roos is taking over from Malcom Blight as the most boring commentator on Television. Does he watch the game?
    I try to get into the game but find I have to turn off the sound for right in the middle of action we have this continual unwanted analysis .Drone drone!!Please! Commentate on the game and save your 4 year plans for the Tigers or other long winded opinions for a more appropriate place and time.Try to sound excited by the game .

On a + note what about Jesse? Has he turned it around or what!!My only concern is the Swans talls fly against each other and there appears no rules applying to who should fly.Jesse flying in with a golden fist to spoil Tippet is just plain crazy.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I thought another of our unfashionables in Bird had a good game yesterday. No real impact from Deledio.

I'm not Whites biggest advocate, and neither have I run him down but the 'gentleman' in front of us was ragging on him the whole game. Picked the wrong one as he was outstanding.

The pick was his contest on the wing where his pressure worried Martin into fumbling and then a few contests later we emerged with the ball.

I dont agree with the narative that he has been less than useful in the past as the terraces are on his back - he was the next messiah when he started and the post BBBBBH hope. Either way, good to see him back in form.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought another of our unfashionables in Bird had a good game yesterday. No real impact from Deledio.

I'm not Whites biggest advocate, and neither have I run him down but the 'gentleman' in front of us was ragging on him the whole game. Picked the wrong one as he was outstanding.

The pick was his contest on the wing where his pressure worried Martin into fumbling and then a few contests later we emerged with the ball.

I dont agree with the narative that he has been less than useful in the past as the terraces are on his back - he was the next messiah when he started and the post BBBBBH hope. Either way, good to see him back in form.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

not a big fan of jesse but yestee he was very good...and of course Kizza was again..pick 57 from memory.....super star
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast