Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Tigers game day 28 July

Could Reid fill the role that LRT has played. Call it Mr Fix it, swingman or what ever you want but he has the attributes to play at both ends and the height pace and agility to play on a variety of players back and create headaches forward. I am hoping that LRT is back to his best ASAP but he is not getting any younger if he didn't come back, possibly Reid could fill the role and Jesse stay as the Forward/wing type role he is playing now. While I think it may be a waste of Reid playing in the role LRT has played, it is hard to argue that there has been too many more important players for us than LRT in our recent past. There is also a family member of Reid's I believe who plays for some bunch of ferals that does a pretty good job in the backline but has been creating plenty of headaches when moved forward

Regardless, it seems to me that when fit Reid deserves to come in and also that if Jesse maintains form he should stay. While they are both talls they have good pace for their size which may allow more talls in the team than would be considered under normal circumstances.

As for the need to put one down to create an argument for the other, I don't think it is necessary. Sam is a super talent who possibly wasn't playing to potential earlier in the year but should be given every opportunity. Jesse is the one we all gave up on who may be finally coming good, if he had showed this form a few years ago we would have all been saying long term superstar. He is finally starting to do what w all have hoped he would for so long. I don't think that it should be held against him that he has disappointed often by taking such a long time to develop.

Sorry for the extended rant, this is why I should lurk as per normal rather than post. When I finally feel the need to post it always comes out as a short essay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Even if Reid wasn't hassled up forward as much, he's still a terrible set-shot. Defender for sure.
    Unlike Tippett!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910