Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rnd 23 fixture Prospects

Happy and I know it
    I think this is the first home and away game played at ANZ on a Friday night. All others mentioned have been finals.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

That is good we are scheduled on the Friday - gives us at very least the exact same rest (assuming we play Hawthorn again the next week) or more if we play anyone else. I won't be going up for it though, saving the pennies for the finals (think I might have enough together to do every week of the finals, no matter where )
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Now it's decided I hope as many fans as possible roll up for the game, no matter what they think of the venue or the timeslot. Our boys will need us!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Now it's decided I hope as many fans as possible roll up for the game, no matter what they think of the venue or the timeslot. Our boys will need us!
    The issue with last years final was the pricing. If it's not finals pricing and the Swans manage to win all the games leading up to this, it'll be a huge crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    The issue with last years final was the pricing. If it's not finals pricing and the Swans manage to win all the games leading up to this, it'll be a huge crowd.
    I agree. With home and away pricing and good form in the lead-up (even a close loss to Cats), this will be a big crowd and the boys will needs us all present.

I have one more game left of my interstate entitlements on the Vic Gold membership and will be using it for this game.

Goes up to 11
    Has there been any word as yet whether we're playing all of our home games at our proper home the SCG next year? It'll be all shiny and new, and bigger, and perhaps we're done with the Homebush deal by then?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Has there been any word as yet whether we're playing all of our home games at our proper home the SCG next year? It'll be all shiny and new, and bigger, and perhaps we're done with the Homebush deal by then?
    I suspect that the AFL will be wanting to schedule more "blockbuster" matches at Homebush where-ever the crowd would be expected to exceed the SCG's capacity.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I suspect that the AFL will be wanting to schedule more "blockbuster" matches at Homebush where-ever the crowd would be expected to exceed the SCG's capacity.
    Which, as recent history with Homebush would suggest, is less likely to happen as opposed to 5-10 years ago, particularly in light of the SCG's increased capacity from 2014....

The crowds for the Pies and Hawks matches will be an interesting pointer for the future of Homebush as a Swans venue.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    There's a contract between the AFL (Note: the AFL not the Swans) and ANZ to play 3 H & A matches there. One of those matches will be GWS's home game against us but unless GWS somehow get a 500+% increase in their home crowd numbers we will be hosting the other 2.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There's a contract between the AFL (Note: the AFL not the Swans) and ANZ to play 3 H & A matches there. One of those matches will be GWS's home game against us but unless GWS somehow get a 500+% increase in their home crowd numbers we will be hosting the other 2.
    Thanks Ugg. As far as I understand we have Mike Fitzpatrick to thank for that lovely contract with the AFL. Any idea of when it expires?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12