Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: team lineup V Doggies

On the Rookie List
    I'm still not sure how Shaw fits back into our team structurally, but if you are going to bring him back, you wouldn't make him sub. Even if he's completely stuffed by the end of it and needs to do way more recovery afterwards, this is a rare opportunity to get run into his legs.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Good to see we are not resting players. Heading to the finals with a solid squad.
    We don't have enough fit players to be resting anyone!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I'm still not sure how Shaw fits back into our team structurally, but if you are going to bring him back, you wouldn't make him sub. Even if he's completely stuffed by the end of it and needs to do way more recovery afterwards, this is a rare opportunity to get run into his legs.
    He makes a great small fwd!!

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    We don't have enough fit players to be resting anyone!
    LOL
    Very true.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    He makes a great small fwd!!
    So do McGlynn and Morton. In fact, they've trained their entire football lives for it!

Blog Entries
    So do McGlynn and Morton. In fact, they've trained their entire football lives for it!
    Only 2 are available for selection, and I'd put Shaw way ahead of Morton.

I'm still not sure how Shaw fits back into our team structurally, but if you are going to bring him back, you wouldn't make him sub.
    I reckon he will rotate in with the other backs. Not all the back 6 will play 100% of game time.

On the Rookie List
    I know, I just meant if we could select anyone we wanted. I could't tell if you were joking or not re Shaw as a forward - but with McGlynn, Morton, Jetta and Rohan to eventually be part of the action, I can't see Shaw being an option.....and does one want to disturb the backline? I'd be very disappointed if McVeigh got moved from where he is. Seems to be a successful ploy ala Sam Mitchell, Jarrad McVeigh - put an elite midfielder on the half-back line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I reckon he will rotate in with the other backs. Not all the back 6 will play 100% of game time.
    Have the Swans rotated backmen in the past? Or just mids and utilities?

tommy and parker gota get a run...they been awsum

- - - Updated - - -

bloody oath
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Have the Swans rotated backmen in the past? Or just mids and utilities?
    All the regular backs average over 90% TOG. Do we normally select 6 or 7 Backs ? This week we have 6 backs and Macca named on the wing and probably Shaw on the bench so probably 8 players who will spend at least some time down back. We'll have to have a close look this weekend.

Now that Rhyce is over his injuries (hopefully), the only thing keeping him out of automatic selection in the seniors is his fitness base. One would think if they didn't intend to start him, he would have been better served playing a full or near full game in the ressies. For that reason I'd be pretty surprised if they make him the sub, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Now that Rhyce is over his injuries (hopefully), the only thing keeping him out of automatic selection in the seniors is his fitness base. One would think if they didn't intend to start him, he would have been better served playing a full or near full game in the ressies. For that reason I'd be pretty surprised if they make him the sub, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
    dnt matter who it as they have to earn their spot...swans doin well why change a winning line up???
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Goes up to 11
    Any reason why Rhyce and/or Rampe can't play a bit further up the ground? Or a run with role? Fitness of course is an issue with Rhyce, but it would be interesting to see Dane tagging Griffen - he could physically handle it and it would be a good learning experience that's for sure.

McVeigh needs to stay in his sweeper role IMO. Cooney's been playing a similar role recently too and doing pretty well, so he'd be another option for Dane or Rhyce to sit on. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to tag McVeigh in that role too.

No issues here if Rhyce starts - could always red-vest him if he runs out of puff later in the game (and if no other injuries touch wood). If he's been named, we need to get match fitness into him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast