Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: team lineup V Doggies

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I understand what you are saying but my point is that better to introduce Shaw against the Dogs and perhaps Rohan against the Saints then either bringing in two players lacking match fitness in the one game or bringing them in for the higher pressure games.
    On your other point re earning their spots, I agree the likes of Rampe and Mitchell should certainly hold their places but I have no problem with the likes of Cunningham and B Jack being replaced with more experienced campaigners at this time of the season.
    Spot on Jewels. Not that I think there is much chance of either Rampe or Mitchell going out - they are well and truly established now. But the younger guys, like Cunningham and B Jack, are clearly not part of our best 22 if we get some of the guys back. They have great potential, and I think they'll both make it, but they aren't there yet. Similarly, I think Lamb (despite improving) will also go out as well if we get enough guys back.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That would be the odds at the line, (or with the points start factored in for the non punters). There has been a fair bit of interest in the doggies 'at the line' with the start at around 44.5 points and the opening quote of 1.90 each of two has been adjusted to reflect that weight of money.
    yep. 45.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I understand what you are saying but my point is that better to introduce Shaw against the Dogs and perhaps Rohan against the Saints then either bringing in two players lacking match fitness in the one game or bringing them in for the higher pressure games.
    On your other point re earning their spots, I agree the likes of Rampe and Mitchell should certainly hold their places but I have no problem with the likes of Cunningham and B Jack being replaced with more experienced campaigners at this time of the season.
    My point is that by the Saints game neither would be low on match fitness. Rohan would have had 4 and Shaw 3. Think about that just a minute, Shaw has nor played since round 2! He has had groin muscle tears and abdominal tears. Bloody hard to judge what they are going to do and if there is going to be a flair up under the greater pressure as Matt Cameron keeps telling us. Deep tissue damage like this is always dodgy. At least with rooster it is more cut and dry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Spot on Jewels. Not that I think there is much chance of either Rampe or Mitchell going out - they are well and truly established now. But the younger guys, like Cunningham and B Jack, are clearly not part of our best 22 if we get some of the guys back. They have great potential, and I think they'll both make it, but they aren't there yet. Similarly, I think Lamb (despite improving) will also go out as well if we get enough guys back.
    Agree about Cunningham & BJ but not about Lamb. I think he is starting to really show bit by bit what he is really capable of. He is playing forward and is proving extremely elusive. Maybe when Benny comes back this will change. But I don't think Sammy should be a walk up start. This year Sammy has been pretty ordinary as has Jetts. They have to knw that they have to earn their spots. as for Rhyce I think he should be in the same position as one minute he can be a huge match winner and the next the culprit of a bloody stupid kick or act like leaving his man.

- - - Updated - - -

After all the upsets this weekend this looms as a danger game we really need to be on tomorrow. After Richmond beat hawks I am very wary. North also against Cats. We need to be really focused as a team and as a support group. Give our all every one of us. remember we have yet to play at Etihad this year and they play here almost every second week, it is their dunghill. It doesn't matter we played really well there last year, we have a lot of new players this tear. So Melbourne Crew get down to Etihad and CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345