Thread: Cheer Giants on Today

Cheer Giants on Today

I don't know about you but I think it would be good to see the Giants win today. Their first win would be good after keeping up with Cats and Bombers for three quarters. I would love to see them pole-axe Dees. I hope they give the Silver Spoons a good hiding. There will be time later on when our cross town rivalry will be an impediment to us wanting to see them win but for now I want to see therm do well.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I don't know about you but I think it would be good to see the Giants win today. Their first win would be good after keeping up with Cats and Bombers for three quarters. I would love to see them pole-axe Dees. I hope they give the Silver Spoons a good hiding. There will be time later on when our cross town rivalry will be an impediment to us wanting to see them win but for now I want to see therm do well.
    It was good to see!

A healthy cross-town rivalry and successful GWS will see 60k+ crowds turning up to the derbies, which is great money for the home team. The Melbourne clubs get this several times a year (big $), while we don't get it at all - which is why a successful GWS is in our interests.

I too cheered for GWS. Can't see me doing it on a regular basis, but yesterday for me was all about GWS (and not the Swans). Glad they got their 1st win for the season.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I too cheered for GWS. Can't see me doing it on a regular basis, but yesterday for me was all about GWS (and not the Swans). Glad they got their 1st win for the season.
    I'm a bit the same re GWS. There were a few people wearing red and white in the crowd on Saturday too. Most Swans supporters I know don't see them as a particular threat, I think over time both teams will be able to coexist, though let's face it, neither of the Sydney teams are ever going to rival the likes of Collingwood for sheer number of members... Sydney just isn't like that.

It was a bit of a carnival atmosphere at Skoda on Saturday, with all the 'multicultural week' activities, as a few people were probably just there for the day out (which is to be expected, given where the two teams are on the ladder!) Thought it was a great idea to hold the extended kick to kick / after match on the ground after the game, with live music, player autographs (didn't stick around for it but they set up tables for the entire team) and merchandise on sale.

Spoke to one lady who brought her boys along, she is a Pies supporter but is a 3-game member of both Giants and Swans... they would have a fair few members like this, I imagine. The challenge for them will be building a 'core' supporter base. Remains to be seen how financially viable they'll be.

They'll build one. It'll take until they get a sustained period of competitiveness but once that happens they'll be ok.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph