Thread: Spangher

Spangher

Matty Spangher is Looking pretty good for the hawks. Played some good games for us, good athlete, good hands, undeniable courage. It's a shame he couldn't stay on the park. Good luck to him, just hope he doesn't contribute to them beating us !

Just got a real nice goal.

Goes up to 11
    Although it was a little unfortunate that we let him go, you can't say we're any worse off without him with the way our young 'uns have been going...

On the Rookie List
    He would just be in the reserves right now if he was still with us, we haven't missed him at all and I saw nothing in the hawks game against the saints to suggest we shouldn't of let him go.

The Hawks have a few better players than Spangher that we will have to take care of. We have the pies this week and the Hawks play them next week. The results could be some indication of how we might fare in the last round of the season.

Not saying we should have kept him, just saying good on him for getting a game with dorks who are a top side

Matt Spangher spent most of his time in Sydney in the injury room. when he was at the West coast he wanted to go home to Victoria and then we picked him up in the draft. I think he would have ended up at the Hawks, if he could have, anyway as he comes from the Eastern Ranges TAc Cup side and in that area there is huge Hawks support. Matt isn't a bad player if he can keep from being injured.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    I felt he did OK for us but my favourite Spangher memory is still a much younger Kieran Jack running through him like a freight train (completely fairly) when Matt was an Eagle. I started believing KJ had something pretty special at that point.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

The Strutt provided us with a lot of entertainment at the Swans. Good luck to him and I hope he stays in one piece and is ultimately successful. The long haired git.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The Strutt provided us with a lot of entertainment at the Swans. Good luck to him and I hope he stays in one piece and is ultimately successful. The long haired git.
    My sentiments also, loved the strut, never going to be a superstar, but a damn handy player and a very nice young man