Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Davis - Coach!!

Nick Davis - Coach!!

I am sure I am not the only one who is quietly giggling away at the concept of Davo being a coach. It goes against what was perceived as his persona for a number of years, and I for one am enjoying it very much indeed.

First class runner, and now a kicking coach - Tippo credits him (and another, whose name I forget, my apologies) with coaching him to kicking accurately.

Just love how many strings to his bow he is acquiring.

Delicious.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Apparently the Bulldogs complained to officials on Sunday that he was 'coaching' each time he ran out and he was spending entirely too much time out there. Go figure!

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Yep, I'm delighted he's found his niche, and what's more its working. He's a beautiful kick, keeps his upper body still, good ball drop, text book follow through.
    He looks like he's pretty fit and he's a likable character.
    The runners job is to transmit messages from the coach, and he was warned for 'coaching' .
    What else is he going to discuss with the players ? The latest election news?
    HP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineAgapiou View Post
    Apparently the Bulldogs complained to officials on Sunday that he was 'coaching' each time he ran out and he was spending entirely too much time out there. Go figure!
    He did do a lot of arm flapping.

Sometimes he ran to the bench, and then turned around and ran back to pass on another msg before getting there.
    I wondered whether they yelled another msg to him, or he'd forgotten to pass one on to a player.

Reid had previously mentioned Davis as helping him in kicking
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineAgapiou View Post
    To be perfectly fair to the Bulldogs I've actually noticed that a bit this season.

Apparently the players are very happy with him as a runner, I've heard that they view him as an extremely calming and encouraging influence when he is out there.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    To be perfectly fair to the Bulldogs I've actually noticed that a bit this season.

Apparently the players are very happy with him as a runner, I've heard that they view him as an extremely calming and encouraging influence when he is out there.
    He does spend a lot of time on the ground passing on the message.. Noted also!

What I love most of all about all this is that after all the crap that went down in his final seasons, he still stayed with us. There was none of the tantrum throwing, "They done me wrong" garbage we got from other ex-players who shall remain nameless.
    Dickie and Stewie Maxfield will always be my favourite Swans and to have them both still with us makes me so very, very happy.

Goes up to 11
    Geez he was a good kick. It's good to see that he's passing some of that onto a few of the players who need a bit of advice in that area.

I would have loved him as a runner when I played. Rarely do you get a runner with intimate football knowledge and an awareness of the best KFC deals in the same package.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

The Academy kids loved him as a coach.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    What I love most of all about all this is that after all the crap that went down in his final seasons, he still stayed with us. There was none of the tantrum throwing, "They done me wrong" garbage we got from other ex-players who shall remain nameless.
    Dickie and Stewie Maxfield will always be my favourite Swans and to have them both still with us makes me so very, very happy.
    Yep, it feels damn nice to have both of them involved in the 2005 and 2012 flags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast