Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Saints

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Out -T.Mitchell (to rest no ressies),B.Jack,B.Mcglynn
    In -Rohan (sub),Lamb,Towers.

Young Tom has looked weary the last 2 weeks and while still having an impact may benefit from a freshen up,BJ id be tempted to rest completely as well and Mcglynn shouldnt have walked straight back into the side imo.Lamb is fit and playing well,Towers deserves an oppurtunity and Rohan needs to be sub this week or put him in cotton wool for next year.
    A good choice of INs. But I think we have to play Benny so he can get back up to speed quickly. He only missed 3 weeks. I would give him a tagging role on Montagna this week, which should force him to be involved in the game. He is actually quite a good tagger. Lamb and Bolton can hold down the small forward spots.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Something tells me that Horse will put Rohan in for the Geelong game. Gaz has many family and friends out Geelong/Colac way and it would be an extremely popular inclusion for all supporters (Swans & Cats) at the game. Also, an appropriate reward for the kid to make his comeback in his 'home backyard' after having a real hard time coming back from a terrible injury. I'm sure his family and friends would be over the moon if he returns for this game.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Something tells me that Horse will put Rohan in for the Geelong game. Gaz has many family and friends out Geelong/Colac way and it would be an extremely popular inclusion for all supporters (Swans & Cats) at the game. Also, an appropriate reward for the kid to make his comeback in his 'home backyard' after having a real hard time coming back from a terrible injury. I'm sure his family and friends would be over the moon if he returns for this game.
    As long as it's a winning return!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Similar to the understated way that idiot O'brien celebrated on Saturday night? You'd think he'd just kicked the winning goal in the GF the way he carried on
    +1

Some good comments on giving Mitchell a week off. The coaching staff could easily list him as injured with "soreness". I love what Tom has done to date but a week's rest now strikes me as a good strategic move with finals to come.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    I think Harry deserves another run in the 1s. He was very good in the Ressies on the weekend and he could become more important next year, so getting another game into him now would be a good move. Also a good chance to give someone a rest this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Everrit aint going anywhere as long as LRT is not available.

McGlynn will play. He needs more game time.

I see no change against Saints. Only possible would be Morton in, but since he's injured, its unlikely.

Longmire is trying to get his finals side settled. That, at the moment, includes Everitt, McGlynn and Shaw. It might include Goodes. Its very unlikely to include Jetta, Rohan, Morton or LRT. They may be finals cameo's but they cant be core to his team structure.
    I don't know where you are getting your info but mine says Rohan has more chance of coming back than Goodes. Sammy & Jetts are better placed than Goodes. At least Rohan is playing, Goodes has only just started running and is not yet on full paced running.

Shaw & Benny were liabilities last game as they are not match fit. They should not have played against a very tuned up Pies unit. Don't know about changes but Lamb has not played so maybe Twos for him. Maybe Towers in for Shaw. Give Biggs the green vest just to give him a taste. Our side is not going to be settled anyway with so many to come back in the coming weeks. Rohan kicked three last week but was blowing by the last quarter. Would love to see him do the Sub duties but needs match fitness. He WILL be ready by finals.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Send Hanners back to the shearing shed to finish the job off.
    There's one decision I think we can all agree on.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    There's one decision I think we can all agree on.
    Sorry not all of us. I like it. If I was a young, confident, blonde footy star (who actually had hair), I'd do something like that too...

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Sorry not all of us. I like it. If I was a young, confident, blonde footy star (who actually had hair), I'd do something like that too...
    I tend to agree with this. Nothing wrong with what Hanners did. It's just a haircut. Probably felt like he was going into battle. Actually a good thing.

Re resting players....I get the feeling that no senior players will be rested. We don't have a lot to choose from. Playing Towers or Biggs against the Saints is utterly pointless. Better off getting match fitness into Shaw, McGlynn and Rohan. I think the resting can be done by having very light week on the track for those that need it.

I don't know about anyone else, but right now I couldn't care less about the future - we have a 2013 flag to win. It's not every year you hook up a top 4 spot. It's not a run-through for future years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Nothing wrong with what Hanners did. It's just a haircut. Probably felt like he was going into battle. Actually a good thing.

Re resting players....I get the feeling that no senior players will be rested. We don't have a lot to choose from. Playing Towers or Biggs against the Saints is utterly pointless. Better off getting match fitness into Shaw, McGlynn and Rohan. I think the resting can be done by having very light week on the track for those that need it.

I don't know about anyone else, but right now I couldn't care less about the future - we have a 2013 flag to win. It's not every year you hook up a top 4 spot. It's not a run-through for future years.
    I agree with you...Until we are out of contention...It's about the present..We can worry about the future in the off season.

And yes, McGlynn and Shaw need to play, as much as possible, to find form and fitness.

I'd love to see Rohan in for BJ but think that's probably at least another week away. In which case Lamb in for BJ.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Very unlikely to change the White/Tippett/Ruckman forward structure this week as the Saint's are woefully undersized down back.

I just hope I don't see 3 giant Swans forwards all competing for the same pack mark this week, last week was horrible. Our forwards must get better separation, if they clump together it makes it too easy for our opponents defence.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast