Thread: Swans v Saints

Swans v Saints

In: Lamb

Out: Everitt

Sub: McGlynn (BJ to start)

ok, fire away..

In: Morton
    Out: White

I'm a big fan of white but we are too top heavy and it looks like we may need another avenue at goal

On the Rookie List
    In: Morton, Lamb, Rohan (sub)
    Out: BJ, McGlynn, Everitt

- - - Updated - - -

In: Morton, Lamb, Rohan (sub)
    Out: BJ, McGlynn, Everitt

Veteran Site Admin
    Rohan's not ready, and Morton is injured. If it a different kind of forward target the team needs, Towers is possibly the man, at least as a try out in a late season game we should win in a canter. He looks a different player since he's been moved forward. He has a great leap, good hands, and is quick. However, he does need to sort his goal kicking out. He should have had a bag yesterday but missed three quarters of the chances he created.

Everitt??!! He was one of the few players last night who actually emerged with some credit IMO. Perhaps we were watching a different game.

I do agree on Lamb coming back in though. I know he's a kid but I also think we need to consider playing BJ for his speed.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Everrit aint going anywhere as long as LRT is not available.

McGlynn will play. He needs more game time.

I see no change against Saints. Only possible would be Morton in, but since he's injured, its unlikely.

Longmire is trying to get his finals side settled. That, at the moment, includes Everitt, McGlynn and Shaw. It might include Goodes. Its very unlikely to include Jetta, Rohan, Morton or LRT. They may be finals cameo's but they cant be core to his team structure.

Saints 3 wins this year have come against GWS, Carlton and Melbourne. They have lost their last 7. In a game at the SCG in which they have nothing to play for, we would have to be pretty bad to lose this one...

If it was me it would be In lamb out bj, with mcveigh to spend more time in midfield. How can we drop everitt - we need him to play as a tall defender? Our back 6 werent the issue against the pies.

More debutants at this time of the year imo won't help solve the issues running into the finals, as we don't have any that have been ripping it apart in the reserves. We have to run with our best 22 from here on in, and to me even without any players back from injury, bj is not in it. Then all we can do is slot in any guys coming back from injury that are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Everrit aint going anywhere as long as LRT is not available.

McGlynn will play. He needs more game time.

I see no change against Saints. Only possible would be Morton in, but since he's injured, its unlikely.

Longmire is trying to get his finals side settled. That, at the moment, includes Everitt, McGlynn and Shaw. It might include Goodes. Its very unlikely to include Jetta, Rohan, Morton or LRT. They may be finals cameo's but they cant be core to his team structure.
    I agree. We got smashed in the midfield, and as Longmire said everything flows from that. He's not going to change the midfield, so there'll be no changes.

Only possibility is BJ for Rohan or Lamb, only because Longmire never plays someone at sub for more than two weeks because of the impact on match fitness.

On the Rookie List
    Just saying that if you wanted to experiment to find a more effective set-up, then the Saints game is the time to do it. Longmire drops people all the time to try different things.

People are overrating BJ. Yes he will probably be a really good player in the future, and he has done well to-date, but he is raw. I don't know why people are obsessed with the future when we have a 2013 flag to win. We've done enough investing that sets us in good stead. We need to win in September now.

Someone give me one good reason why a fit and in-form Morton is not good enough to play in the side....?

incy did lack some execution last night but there was 15 other players who lacked execution also !

it is crucial for match ups we still persist with Incy and White thru the Saints game atleast and then make a stronger decision based around who can come back also

for me Lambie is ahead of Rohan still for now an even if you brought back Rohan for one qtr against Hawks or Geelong i think that is the wrong move !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    incy did lack some execution last night but there was 15 other players who lacked execution also !

it is crucial for match ups we still persist with Incy and White thru the Saints game atleast and then make a stronger decision based around who can come back also

for me Lambie is ahead of Rohan still for now an even if you brought back Rohan for one qtr against Hawks or Geelong i think that is the wrong move !
    Rohan is nowhere near ready - but he does have something we desperately need, in a player that is nowhere near as raw as BJ and in the absence of a fit Jetta - speed. That is what sets our gameplan apart and we have struggled to make it work against good teams whilst Jetta has been out. Id get lamb in, as I do think he's top 22 at the moment, but that should preclude bringing Rohan in if the coaches think he is fit and good to go.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast