Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McVeigh and Shaws Reactions on field

Yep im still trying to figure out how most media awards didnt give Macca a vote,brilliant game by him,pity we only got another 250 possesions from the rest of the side combined,pies nearly doubled our touches in the last 1/4.On topic i did see Shaw really giving it to one of our younger guys and while probably justified if i were Rhys you might want to just taper it off a smidge until your in form yourself.

Having said that im sure its his role and the coaches probably encourage it but always helps when you yourself can set the standard you expect and demand of your mates,especially when they are first year players.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I find it hard to fathom how anybody could be critical of McVeigh's game on Saturday night. Staggering.
    How long have you been coming to RWO now?

While visible criticism isn't ideal, I think it's warranted in some situations as long as the player concerned can see what it's about and is followed up with some constructive feedback. McVeigh, as captain, is also probably most entitled to give that feedback. Shaw, having only just come back, is less entitled at this stage IMO.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

The beauty of our team is, if you're not pulling your weight, your team mates will be the first to tell you (then the coach, then the fans).

They rely on honesty. It's part of the "bloods culture". It's been said time and time again my numerous players.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

gotta agree with the original post. sometimes they get a little too full of themselves. yes, they're senior players, but that doesnt mean they are right 100% of the time. the young blokes arent gonna learn much if they dont back themselves from time to time. its always important to listen to your leaders on the field, but u need to have confidence in urself as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12