Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McVeigh and Shaws Reactions on field

double vodka lemon pls

McVeigh and Shaws Reactions on field

I know these are senior players and really should be able to give instructions, but their reactions when they don't get what they want is bordering embarassing for me. I never learnt a thing from anyone who yells at me....I have no doubt this is starting to affect the younger guys.
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Quote Originally Posted by woo View Post
    I know these are senior players and really should be able to give instructions, but their reactions when they don't get what they want is bordering embarassing for me. I never learnt a thing from anyone who yells at me....I have no doubt this is starting to affect the younger guys.
    Yeah, look, I don't like McVeighs expression at times but I'd rather some kind of disdain to be shown by guys in his position rather than none.

We are reigning Premiership Winners. Sitting 3rd on the ladder.

I've seen and read enough now to know that we are on the right path. People like Shaw are so well regarded around the Club for their work with younger players its not funny. I don't think reactionary expressions on field are too damaging to their development. I imagine its a third of what they'd cop of Horse anyway!

I remember watching the spray literally from Rocket when he was coach - Horse and McVeigh have nothing in comparison
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Goes up to 11
    Did I miss something from the weekend's match? Anyway who cares - things are said and done in the heat of the battle sometimes. I think you're reading too much into it....

Macca is starting to look a bit stressed these days. Someone needs to tell him to take a few deep breaths.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Macca has every right.

Shaw on the other hand was a joke at times with his body language. Slightly off topic, but gee he looked slow and old. Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Lamb get a run ahead of him.

double vodka lemon pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Macca has every right.

Shaw on the other hand was a joke at times with his body language. Slightly off topic, but gee he looked slow and old. Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Lamb get a run ahead of him.
    My point exactly. I think he was out of line at stages. I know he is AMAZING for the club but he was slow and his decision making at times is not fabulous. He needs to step aside for Lamb. Him and his opinions/agro coming back into a well oiled side is now not required. Just my opinion . The kids have gotton used to using their own judgement which has been excellent up until the last 2 games - coincidence..I think not.

Veterans List
    Give Shaw a break, please. He hadn't played since Round 2. It takes a few games for most players to get back and pick up the pace of the game. Anyone who has played the game at any level knows this to be true. Both he and McVeigh have been leaders on the field for a number of years and if someone is not playing their part as they should, then they must react some way to rectify it. If McVeigh in particular is showing frustration then maybe we are getting things wrong. 36 possessions by him says he is playing his part.

double vodka lemon pls
    Nico about 5 of those posessions were handballs to Collingwood players

Veterans List
    He wasn't alone in that - and at least he was working, unlike others. It was the worst game I've seen from his co-captain for a while, too.

Veterans List
    31 out of 36 'aint bad.

I find it hard to fathom how anybody could be critical of McVeigh's game on Saturday night. Staggering.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast