Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roos

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Recent comments by Bazza, then Dunks and most recently Cressa have made me just a tiny bit less that 100% convinced that Paul Roos is completely a preux chevalier.
    Two of these are certainly among the first referees I'd put on my CV.

If the glove fits, wear it.

Roosy is off to the Lions. He's been approached. He declined to talk to them while Voss was still there. They've got rid of Voss so that problem is gone. He is their No1 target and they won't miss him.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Dunks was probably angry, but sometimes hard decisions have to be made and you can't keep everyone happy.
    I'm not convinced that the Dunks decision would have been Roos' call - or at least, not totally his call. At the end of 2002, Roos was just the caretaker coach and it is likely that Wallace was lined up to take over in 2003. Dunks' last game (which was obviously after the decision that he should retire was taken) was the exact game when the Choose Roos swell arose.

I hope Roos does coach the lions. The Lions need to be a good team all the time, for exactly the same reason Sydney do.

They, and the AFL, have dropped the ball in Queensland. First thing to do would be to reinstate their COL allowance. They are the only non-traditional-state-team to not have it. Grossly unfair.

Roos vs Longmire coaching will be great to watch.

Agreed, Barry!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I hope Roos does coach the lions. The Lions need to be a good team all the time, for exactly the same reason Sydney do.

First thing to do would be to reinstate their COL allowance. They are the only non-traditional-state-team to not have it. Grossly unfair.
    Except that it would then need to be renamed as an equalisation or retention allowance (which it was, back when the Lions got it). The Suns only have a temporary additional allowance in their cap, that will be phased out under current rules.

I've suspected for a while that Roos would be the next coach, but now I'm certain.

I just hope he doesn't do a Ross Lyon and take half our football dept with him.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

If he goes there, he will be making some serious coin. He can name his price, double it and add a 0 to the end of it and they still wouldn't blink an eye

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I've suspected for a while that Roos would be the next coach, but now I'm certain.

I just hope he doesn't do a Ross Lyon and take half our football dept with him.
    Better him going to Brisbane - less of a chance to play the " Go Home Card " and link with the old coach than if he were to take a coaching job in Melbourne - would be a tough call for Jon Blakey having played with both Roos and Longmire if he was asked to go - maybe Brisbane might go for Blakey as Senior coach and with Roos as Footy Director

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Better him going to Brisbane - less of a chance to play the " Go Home Card " and link with the old coach than if he were to take a coaching job in Melbourne - would be a tough call for Jon Blakey having played with both Roos and Longmire if he was asked to go - maybe Brisbane might go for Blakey as Senior coach and with Roos as Footy Director
    Fair point. Though if they're already interstate by being in Sydney then going a bit further north may be less of a wrench.

Interesting call on Blakey. He's been with the Swans quite a while now but may like a new environment under a familiar boss. I just hope guys like Dew, Crouch and Playfair stay put as the result of their work is apparent. Dew in particular, whose arrival seemed to add potency to our midfield and attack, and who just may be the next heir apparent. All speculation of course.

No doubt Lynch will involved somehow. Roos may well lure Kirk away from Freo, and give MickyO his first assistant job. Hell, why not get Leo there and complete the set?
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

He'd be a much better coach than he is a commentator............

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    He'd be a much better coach than he is a commentator............
    I wonder if he finishes a sentence before starting another one when he's coaching?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast