Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roos

Oh aaaaarrr, I have been secretly willing him out of the commentating game.....drives me demented.....so glad someone else had the same thoughts. Gooooo Roosy!! Take flight......
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    If he does go I wonder what that does for father and son picks? His sons have spent more time on the winners platform than most players so it'd be sad if we didn't have first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    If he does go I wonder what that does for father and son picks? His sons have spent more time on the winners platform than most players so it'd be sad if we didn't have first shot.
    To the best of my knowledge or unless there has been a rule change that I am unaware of, Lions get first shot on his boys anyway as he didn't play 100 games for us and coaching is not counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Dunno if they're going to be that good anyway. Probably not a huge concern.

Goes up to 11
    I must say that although Roosy was and is one of my all-time favourite Swans players, in many ways I've always considered him a Lion first and foremost and I think it would be perfect for him to return and coach them.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I must say that although Roosy was and is one of my all-time favourite Swans players, in many ways I've always considered him a Lion first and foremost and I think it would be perfect for him to return and coach them.
    Ditto, would not be "upset" with this option.. (scared or worried or watch out Key players) but not upset!

To me it feels as though he has made up his mind. Much more open to discussion this time publicly and the wording of his statements suggest he is just getting things in order before he commits.

I don't buy into the 'desire for coaching' thing. He still is keen. His role with the Academy says as much. It was about it being the right role. This is it. Decent list. Young bloke finishing year 12. History with the Club. It really ticks most of the boxes. Considering they approached him a month or so ago? and now they have terminated Vossy's deal, everything is coming together. If the Lions miss their Man I will be AMAZED.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    To me it feels as though he has made up his mind. Much more open to discussion this time publicly and the wording of his statements suggest he is just getting things in order before he commits.

I don't buy into the 'desire for coaching' thing. He still is keen. His role with the Academy says as much. It was about it being the right role. This is it. Decent list. Young bloke finishing year 12. History with the Club. It really ticks most of the boxes. Considering they approached him a month or so ago? and now they have terminated Vossy's deal, everything is coming together. If the Lions miss their Man I will be AMAZED.
    Agree. He seems to be going through the motions, to put some time between Voss's sacking and his appointment.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

personally if he is making $250k plus pa for media and another $150k plus pa for the work with the Swans

$400k pa min plus he has a life (probably at home having a glass of red and dinner with the fam every night by 5pm - except when at the footy) !!!!!

i wouldnt swap lifestyle for coaching an AFL Snr team.... in a heart beat !!

im probably a different beast then Roos but I would love doing the junior academies plus media compared to getting the Lions going again !!!

im out of here !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a gut feel he is interested in the Lions job. He has enough class not to announce it now out of respect for a Swans outfit about to combat a finals campaign. Give it 6 weeks and I think it will be all systems go for him to take the job. I'm sure Brisbane have his answer just the timing is his call.
    ...and best of luck to him should he take the Lions chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    personally if he is making $250k plus pa for media and another $150k plus pa for the work with the Swans

$400k pa min plus he has a life (probably at home having a glass of red and dinner with the fam every night by 5pm - except when at the footy) !!!!!

i wouldnt swap lifestyle for coaching an AFL Snr team.... in a heart beat !!

im probably a different beast then Roos but I would love doing the junior academies plus media compared to getting the Lions going again !!!

im out of here !
    They're talking about $1-1.5m for Roos, but once again he's said it's not about the money, it's about wanting to do it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast