Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roos

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Roos

Given he made it abundantly clear that Melbourne is a total basketcase, he was never going to take that gig.

But Voss has just been sacked.

Now that's an option with more appeal to Roos, we think?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Yes in another thread recently i did mention that Roos going to Brisbane,with the Lions tie and his old mate Lynch being involved up there its seemed a nice fit,although in recent times with lions form i swayed to thinking maybe it would be the eagles and Roosy would be over in the west with his mate Ross.

Quite staggering that Voss has been sacked when their second half of the season has been quite good.Really surprising decision,halfway thru the year youd have though he was gone for sure but the longer they put it off anf the better the lions played most people assumed he would go on.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Yes in another thread recently i did mention that Roos going to Brisbane,with the Lions tie and his old mate Lynch being involved up there its seemed a nice fit,although in recent times with lions form i swayed to thinking maybe it would be the eagles and Roosy would be over in the west with his mate Ross.

Quite staggering that Voss has been sacked when their second half of the season has been quite good.Really surprising decision,halfway thru the year youd have though he was gone for sure but the longer they put it off anf the better the lions played most people assumed he would go on.
    I don't believe that the Lions would have made the decision to sack Voss without having a coach already lined up. As soon as I heard the news I immediately thought of Roos. If he takes the job, I'm putting Brisbane as my second team. I'll be forever indebt to Roosey to help get us that flag in 2005 and all the work he has done at our Academy. We may also need another 'pro Swans' TV commentator to replace him....Jude Bolton?

Good move by the Lions....Voss was taking them nowhere.

They have a pretty good list and if Roos does take the job, they'll be a better team for it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So they finally start to look okay and he gets fired? Surely it can't be Roos lined up, he's been very clear (in his own vague way) that he wouldn't even discuss roles where someone is currently employed.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Farewell crazy Vossy

Probably doesnt carry much weight seeming Robert Walls said it but he is spruiking that he thinks Lethal Matthews may be enticed to go around again for the lions.???

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Obvious attraction with Roosy 'owing' Fitzroy perhaps, also with Melbne and perhaps Weagles in the market get in early. Brisbane is not political in the way Essendon or Carlton would be, and not the basket case Melbourne are, if Roosy is to coach again lions have certainly have a resonance.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I don't believe that the Lions would have made the decision to sack Voss without having a coach already lined up.
    I agree with this. They already have someone in the bag for sure. Not sure if it's Roosy or not obviously, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Recent comments by Bazza, then Dunks and most recently Cressa have made me just a tiny bit less that 100% convinced that Paul Roos is completely a preux chevalier.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

He is a hard b@@@##$. he comes across that way most of the time. The only time he seems a bit more human is when he is talking to lynchy or some of the other old roy boys. Most of the time he comes across as the person who will call a spade a shovel and if he needs to use it around your head to get them message across he will.

Roosy certainly has behaved better than BH and DC in his public (and quite likely private) life. Some people don't take responsibility for their own stuffups. Head coaches have to make hard decisions. Dunks was probably angry, but sometimes hard decisions have to be made and you can't keep everyone happy. i think Roos has behaved ethically in the situations we know about. BH's whinging in his book just suggests that he still doesn't accept responsibility. (Saying "I accept responsibility but..... and then blaming someone else is not accepting responsibility).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast