Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rising Sun could be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    We've spent the past 3 GF evenings until the wee hours at Billy Bells. Strangely enough, I think the consensus when we walked/staggered out last September was that we would try the Rising Sun this year to avert the WLWL scenario...
    Lol, every bit helps.

I was at Bells for the '05 SF and GF and it was fantastic. At the game in '06 and the Limerick Arms in Clarendon St last year, but Bells is far & away the best. Would be happy to test your mozz theory this year, assuming we make it of course.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

It's a great GF night drinking spot for sure.

In '05 we walked back from the G to Southbank, had some dinner and then on to Bell's.

We had it all sorted in '06. Straight from the G back to Bells to eat and celebrate and booked a limo for a dozen of us to be picked up at 2am for the trip back to our homes and motels. We called the limo driver at 10:30 and told him we'd slip him an extra 100 if he'd come and get us there and then, which he duly obliged. We lifted our bottom lips off the gutter and climbed in the limo with an ample supply of travellers, but they still didn't taste much good.

Last year it was back to Bells again and watched the replay, which was on every screen, 3 times back to back...lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    Doesn't Bernie Evans have a financial interest in Bells?

Cue me crying when someone asks who's Bernie Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBarryRound25 View Post
    Doesn't Bernie Evans have a financial interest in Bells?

I believe Bernie Evans owns 'The Cricketers Arms Hotel' in Port Melbourne.

Cool, thanks

Played for Carlton, yes??

Yes - tears...

Yes - tears...
    Lol.

I know 'Reggi' who posts here occasionally was a huge Bernie Evans fan and like you, was devastated as a young bloke when he moved to the scum...

bugger love the riser
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

It's a great GF night drinking spot for sure.

In '05 we walked back from the G to Southbank, had some dinner and then on to Bell's.

We had it all sorted in '06. Straight from the G back to Bells to eat and celebrate and booked a limo for a dozen of us to be picked up at 2am for the trip back to our homes and motels. We called the limo driver at 10:30 and told him we'd slip him an extra 100 if he'd come and get us there and then, which he duly obliged. We lifted our bottom lips off the gutter and climbed in the limo with an ample supply of travellers, but they still didn't taste much good.

Last year it was back to Bells again and watched the replay, which was on every screen, 3 times back to back...lol
    Quite similar to me. Did heaps of planning in '06, just let it happen in '05 and last year.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Lol.

I know 'Reggi' who posts here occasionally was a huge Bernie Evans fan and like you, was devastated as a young bloke when he moved to the scum...
    Get it right Triple, how many times do I have to tell you. The Scum is Essendon.

On the Riser. Now working within a Kurt Tippett drop punt of The Riser, and I love the place.

If we make the GF this year, will definitely be back at the Riser after the game. Between then and now, it will continue to be my favourite spot to exchange a few of my hard earned for beverages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12