Thread: Interesting Article re Dustin Martin

Interesting Article re Dustin Martin

There seem to be quite a few players who have yet to sign on at their present clubs for next year including our own Shane Mummford. But for Richmond this would be a huge distraction going into their first finals campaign. Caroline Wilson said some weeks ago Martin was a 50/50 to resign. There is a good chance either of the new clubs could well offer him a bigger deal. Schmook and Ryan seem to think he will sign but all the gossip was that Buddy would be in sydney at GWS next year and that won't happen. Martin could well take a better offer as he is holding out for more money even though his first preference is Richmond.

Dustin Martin turns down Tigers' latest offer: reports - AFL.com.au

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    As far as skills are concerned, he is (I think) exactly the kind of player GWS need, never mind faffing about with Buddy. But in terms of influence on other players, may be another story, unless they had someone he respected who could mentor him.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    I remember we tried desperately to get a Pick (in Trade Period) high enough to get Martin in the draft.
    But they failed, and got some dud named Rohan instead.

Martin has proved to be the better footballer so far, but i imagine Rohan will quickly catch him, and he's probably already a better person!!

We don't need Martin but GWs could do with a top line experienced mid to help the likes of Scully. Dusty would be a good option for them and at the moment I think he is leaving the door open while he is tries to screw tigers for a few more quid. He will probably stay in the end but during the negotiation period be open to offers from other clubs to get a better contract.