Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most interesting observations vs Saints

Veterans List
    Good to see Shaw and McGlynn grow back into their roles yesterday - especially Shaw. But in the last quarter Ben took a mark and wanted to hand off and couldn't so went back and kicked the goal - big confidence boost.

Jesse was very good and a bit like Goodes in being hard to match up on no matter where he is on the ground.

I was hoping Tippett was taken off to get us back to working with a spread of goal kickers. If he's at all doubtful he should be rested next week. Imagine if he twanged his hammy in Geelong!

Someone said that the Ranga didn't show any of his speed. How about burning off Dempster for Ben to kick a behind. I had grave doubts about bringing Gary back this season but his legs looked rock solid so go for it. Like Parker back from injury last year - the perfect sub?

I think there's a chance we'll see Goodes back this year but not LRT or Jets. And Sam won't be missed as much as Jesse has definitely stepped up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    My only observation was the pathetic crowd figure of 23,000. Premiership defence, chance to lock in top 4.

Do Swans fans hate the SCG as well ?
    At the ground they said 26,500 I thought. It was pretty full.

McGlynn was putting so much pressure on whatever Saint had the ball. He was always a meter off, but only because he put in the hard yards to get there in the first place. He was really quick over the ground - as was Shaw. Those two looked great on the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    At the ground they said 26,500 I thought. It was pretty full.
    There was a distinct lack of Saints fans in for the game.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    My only observation was the pathetic crowd figure of 23,000. Premiership defence, chance to lock in top 4.

Do Swans fans hate the SCG as well ?
    26,730 - about in line with expectations against a poor opposition. Maybe the slightly later start kept some away? I'd prefer to see more people at the game too but maybe fewer people in Sydney care that much about the AFL than we (and the AFL) would like to think?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    26,730 - about in line with expectations against a poor opposition. Maybe the slightly later start kept some away? I'd prefer to see more people at the game too but maybe fewer people in Sydney care that much about the AFL than we (and the AFL) would like to think?
    Has to be the worst possible start time for a game.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Has to be the worst possible start time for a game.
    Yes!!! We should always have the early Sunday game or nothing at all. And this coming from a Ressies watcher who has to get up way too early on a Sunday morning for a 9.30 Ressies start.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think support in this city can be pretty fickle. If we had smashed the Pies last week there would have been a larger crowd. It'll be interesting to see if the growth and future success of GWS will turn this around for both clubs.

The redevelopment will no doubt turn a few people off and many others may just have assumed it would be a sell out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In some ways it was a sellout, GA was a sellout and there didn't look to be too many other bronze seats left. Once the new stands open we should get more GA seats which I think should raise the level of attendance.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    I wonder how many young kids who take up a seat but get in for free and aren't counted at the turnstiles there are during day games. It certainly felt like more than 26k yesterday.

If its a sellout, where were the members ?

But I am merely making a point, that if we have 26,000 v 'aints at Homebush, there would be certain chardonay sippers having a little temper tanty on here.

Poor crowd irrespective of ground. Should be pulling 30,000 minimums after a flag, even against the Suns.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    For those who have businesses to run on weekends , it was a terrible time to start the game, regardless of TV requirements, what about the fans.
    Was desperate to get there, but was reduced to checking score on IPAD.
    HP

GA Tickets sold out = poor crowd.

OK. Sure.....
    -

We have to accept that the crowd size will be about what it is now until the renovations are completed. GA generally sells out and most casual supporters don't know about member resales and the like. If members aren't showing up on a day like yesterday, unless they had an unfortunate clash of pre-existing committments, there's really not a lot to be said for it. Perfect weather and playing conditions and still home by 7pm for dinner.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast