Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most interesting observations vs Saints

Chablis even ?

very french too
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List
    You still cr@pping on about the Homebush thing baz?

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    "Certain chardonay sippers"...please...Try, pinot gris, pinot grigio or perhaps a clare valley reisling...Chardonay went by the wayside with button up boots.
    Would be nice if we could get the SCG to stock a nice dry Ros? for the warmer day games.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    The point is Barry...Most on here much prefer the SCG...End of story...
    I dont think that assumption holds water.

26,000 for the last SCG game for the year, suggest it is not that preferable at all.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Would be nice if we could get the SCG to stock a nice dry Ros? for the warmer day games.
    There's a great Sancerre Ros? I'd recommend. Nice to sip in the sunshine watching Stephen Milne being booed.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    There's a great Sancerre Ros? I'd recommend. Nice to sip in the sunshine watching Stephen Milne being booed.
    For those of us that are not big wine drinkers, could we perhaps have a range of jugs of Pimms and Lemonade, Vodka and Cranberry, Mint Juleps and good old G & Ts? Maybe that's what the good people of ANZ Stadium need to offer to get me back next year.

Back on the footy, a few observations:

1. The returning veterans demonstrated why they need to be in the team. While Mal and McVeigh have been playing well, you can't compare to Rhyce's run off half-back. Benny also added the passion and pressure that he lacked last week.
    2. Rampe is awesome! His cover and spoils saved us so many times. Forget u23 AA. If he keeps this up, he'll be in the real AA.
    3. The forward pressure was excellent. There were numerous times where St Kilda simply couldn't find a way out of their defensive 50.
    4. Jesse moves fast and over long distances to apply defensive pressure. On top of his attacking flair and big marks, can't see why he won't be in the finals team regardless of who's fit.
    5. Our tall forwards seem to have de-conflicted. They don't seem to be getting in each others way anymore, but are taking some great marks. Ominous stuff!
    6. We need more speed to cause some damage through the middle. Hope Rohan builds on this week and gets a full game.
    7. Joey had a blinder, but the remainder of the midfield weren't there for a lot of the match. I hope they rest up and hit the game hard next week. A fresh Titchell will be invaluable!

Veterans List
    IIRC ROK had a rest day at around this time last year. Looked like he and Jack were coasting.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    2. Rampe is awesome! His cover and spoils saved us so many times. Forget u23 AA. If he keeps this up, he'll be in the real AA.
    Sure is. It was fascinating to watch how he stayed back from his man - didn't try to tag him close but kept space and then charged for great spoils. My new fave player.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234