Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 2: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No ressies game next week of course and then the GF in two weeks time
    So, has Jetta earned a recall to the seniors for next week ? I say 'no'

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    So, has Jetta earned a recall to the seniors for next week ? I say 'no'
    It all depends what they were expecting from him today. Was it just to play 60 minutes and pull up 'okay'? Or were they looking more at the number of runs made, tackles made and missed, kicking efficiency, chasing, number of times he was out of breath? It's hard to say since we have no idea.

Paul Roos says that the match committee spends 10 minutes selecting the first 19 for the week, then 2 hours agonising over the last three.
    Reckon there will be some 'agonising' over whether to select Jetta for next week ? He didn't do enough today to justify being selected on form but they might punt on his natural ability to rise to the occasion and take the game on.

Personally I'd ban him til he gets rid of the Ned Kelly beard....it's a SHOCKER !

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Paul Roos says that the match committee spends 10 minutes selecting the first 19 for the week, then 2 hours agonising over the last three.
    Reckon there will be some 'agonising' over whether to select Jetta for next week ? He didn't do enough today to justify being selected on form but they might punt on his natural ability to rise to the occasion and take the game on.

Personally I'd ban him til he gets rid of the Ned Kelly beard....it's a SHOCKER !
    Not very aerodynamic is it. I'm curious to what you were expecting him to achieve today. He's never been a big possession winner and he had a few Jetta-like moments today sprinting clear with the ball in hand.

I've just heard he pulled up fine after the game, but I think the bigger test might be how he feels after a night's sleep.

I wasn't at the game but it seems pretty obvious Jetta was being heavily managed and the I intent was to give him some game time and to build his fitness.

There is no doubt he'll be in the seniors next week.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think it's less about whether Jetta has "earned" a spot and more about who the committee is willing to take a punt on. It's going to take a minor miracle to make it deep into September this year and the coaches will need to take some risks. They may not come off, but better that than to not try and bow out meekly.

Assuming we get Hanners, Smith and Tippett back and lose no-one else for the rest of the year, there's probably one spot in the team for any of Jetta, BJ or Harry. Which is more likely to deliver something of value during the finals? I don't know the answer but I think it's the right question.

The website suggests that it all went as planned for Jetta. And it's good to hear from Ugg that he evidently pulled up ok...before the ice-bath at least.

What did I expect ? More game time to get some match hardness into him. A bit more defensive pressure - I know he's not much of a tackler but I only saw him lay one solid tackle today. Perhaps I wasn't watching hard enough.

There's going to be some competition for spots next week - Jed Lamb, Nick Smith, Hanners, Armstrong - and any player wanting to come in, has to unseat someone who played last night.
    It's tough at the top.

Did you just say Armstrong?

The last spot will come down to someone with pace - Harry, BJ or Jetta.

Certainly worth taking the risk with Jetta over the other two... even if it is only as a sub.

Blog Entries
    Here is the TripleB report.

Around the state leagues: Jetta fires for Swans - AFL.com.au

SYDNEY Swans speedster Lewis Jetta made his return to football and did not miss a beat in an impressive performance on Saturday.

Jetta, who has not played since round 10 because of a bruised shin, gathered 16 possessions, two tackles and a goal in 53 minutes of game time for the Swans reserves.

The pacy forward left the field of play early to ice his shin, but only as a precaution.

Jetta, Daniel Hannebery and Nick Smith head the list of Swans who are a chancec to return for next week's qualifying final against Hawthorn.

Young forward Tim Membrey booted six majors and Jed Lamb was outstanding in the Swans' comfortable 81-point win semi-final win over Belconnen.

Lol I hope they gave him credit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lol I hope they gave him credit
    His tweet is posted in the article.

Jetta has touched the ball every 3.4 minutes. He is the X factor.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast