Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 23 V Hawks

On the Rookie List
    Screw reserves. Everyone who's uninjured and hasn't played for months should roll up for this week's scratch match against the Hawks.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    I agree, play them Friday night, rotate em and rotate em, they've got seven sleeps till first final.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Screw reserves. Everyone who's uninjured and hasn't played for months should roll up for this week's scratch match against the Hawks.
    I agree, that's my view too. A real match, with the players they would be lining up with, and against, in the finals.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Interesting that Ross Lyon came out and said that is exactly what Freo did against GWS, lots of rotations to rest up his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Absolutely. The injured players should get the opportunity to demonstrate what they can offer in the finals and whether they are in our best 22 right now. A real assessment can't be done without playing them and Hawthorn's a handy opponent to run them through their paces.

I thought there was a rule that you couldn't play ressies in the NEAFL finals unless you played a certain number of H&A games, had a name starting with Y and danced in a circle of toadstools under the full moon?

Surely Jetta, LRT and Goodes don't qualify? If they play, won't it have to be in the seniors?

On the veteran's list
    Gerard Healy said on OTC tonight that Barry Round could get a game this week since the Swans should take the opportunity to rest as many players as possible.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Will Jetts come straight in. Probably worth a shot in a dead rubber.

Jetta on track for finals but Reid in doubt for rest of season

I think you may find one of the draft pick may come in this week to see how they go in the big time. give a newbe a run.

Quote Originally Posted by swans View Post
    I think you may find one of the draft pick may come in this week to see how they go in the big time. give a newbe a run.
    Like who? Unlikely.

Mitch Morton, perhaps.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

I'm hoping we rest as many as possible! Added to Hanners I would include... ROK, Jack, Tippett (cannot afford to lose him before finals), Malceski and possibly Richards (cannot afford to lose a tall defender).
    IN: Bolton, Cunningham, Armstrong, Membry, Towers, LRT, Jetta

Basically, anyone overly sore...rest!
    Swannies for life!

I understand it's basically a dead rubber, but do we really think resting half our side, going out and probably getting smashed by the very same team we will have to face a week later ( and possibly deeper into finals if we make it that far) is a good idea? I take the example of Collingwood in 2011. Got smoked in a dead rubber against the cats in the last round, didn't do their campaign any favors IMO. Do we flirt with what very little form we have ? It's a tough one because our injury woes mean we can't afford to lose any more players at all, but I just don't think we're in a position to be wasting an opportunity to find some sort of rhythm before the finals start.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast