Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 23 V Hawks

risk reward.........i have no idea as I havent seen where Jetts is truly at nor LRT

i would rather test them out and find out for sure in this next round

i dont think we can beat the Hawks nor Geelong without a fully fit Goodes, Jetta, LRT, Shaw but lets roll the dice if need be because there is 3 more games no matter what.

Bolton, Jetta back would be lovely - but bring in BJ if need be and roll the dice again !

Shaw out injured and Andrejs probably out too?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Shaw out injured and Andrejs probably out too?
    Why would Everitt be out?

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I understand it's basically a dead rubber, but do we really think resting half our side, going out and probably getting smashed by the very same team we will have to face a week later ( and possibly deeper into finals if we make it that far) is a good idea? I take the example of Collingwood in 2011. Got smoked in a dead rubber against the cats in the last round, didn't do their campaign any favors IMO. Do we flirt with what very little form we have ? It's a tough one because our injury woes mean we can't afford to lose any more players at all, but I just don't think we're in a position to be wasting an opportunity to find some sort of rhythm before the finals start.
    The thing is, rhythm is pointless in a side that doesn't have the personnel to win the big ones. Get the personnel to the best level possible first

I actually think our team will be pretty good if we can get Jetta and LRT back, with Rohan playing OK and resting as many stars as possible this week. Under the radar yet again. It didn't take long! I see not one single AFL reporter tipped Sydney to win the flag - nor Fremantle. All Hawks and Cats. I actually thing the Hawks and Cats are severely overrated, but we need the star-power in our side to mount a challenge. "Get it done."

Goes up to 11
    Jetts will be sub this week if Jude's interview with the Big Sports Breakfast on the radio this morning is any guide - he sort of let slip that Jetta would be back playing 'some minutes' this week.

With Jude coming back in, that's Hanners and Shaw covered. Not sure if there'd be any other changes but I doubt they'll rest anyone at this stage unless they really really need the week off.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Let's throw caution to the wind and exploit the Hawks' lack of pace by chucking all our speedsters in! Cunningham, BJ, Jetta all in to complement Rohan, Everitt and K.Jack. Let's see how old man Mitchell and pensioner Sewell handle the pace
    Last edited by ugg; 28th August 2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: grammmmmerrrr

Totally agree Ugg.

My changes would be:

In: Jetta, Jack, Bolton
    Out: Hanners, Shaw, ROK (rested)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Why would Everitt be out?
    Because he is too slow with his decision making.
    But, we have no replacement for him ATM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Let's throw caution to the wind and exploit the Hawks' lack of pace by chucking all our speedsters in! Cunningham, BJ, Jetta all in to complement Rohan, Everitt and K.Jack. Let's see how old man Mitchell and pensioner Sewell handle the pace
    +1.

Just got to get the ball to them first!!

Senior Player
    I know I got pretty drunk in the back end of last weeks game, but prior to that and this year I've been really happy with Dre.... And can't remember too many bloopers for a kid just coming into his own with some consistent game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I understand it's basically a dead rubber, but do we really think resting half our side, going out and probably getting smashed by the very same team we will have to face a week later ( and possibly deeper into finals if we make it that far) is a good idea? I take the example of Collingwood in 2011. Got smoked in a dead rubber against the cats in the last round, didn't do their campaign any favors IMO. Do we flirt with what very little form we have ? It's a tough one because our injury woes mean we can't afford to lose any more players at all, but I just don't think we're in a position to be wasting an opportunity to find some sort of rhythm before the finals start.
    That assumes that Hawthorn won't rest half of theirs too. I suspect both teams will have a few "outs".
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Is Armstrong injured or just out of favour? Seems a likely in for Shaw. (and a back up for finals if his brain farts continue..)

WE need Macca to get back to rotating through the middle with ROK / Jude. They have had a holiday in the last few weeks and it's time to bring back the A-team

Cunningham or Armstrong seem most likely to fill Shaw's out! IMO

Incy needs to get rid of the ball on first thought. Any time he thinks of a second option he seems to be flattened or turns the ball over (Ben Matthews moments 95 % right and hammered 80% for the other 5% that go missing..) LRT would be a great in if fit to replace Incy. As he can take the extra role in the forwards and pinch hit when needed. Needs to be fit before selection! (week in the 2nds could be best..)

Goode and Jetts to be the sub combination.. (Could be the second final plan...)

Outs = whoever needs a rest

Next weeks selections are more interesting than this week. No call till after this week

Play tall and need some more smalls

Morton could get a final game?

don't see a lot of senior depth being much good this week and would be very careful with them!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    When Shaw came back into the team he didn't displace any of the defenders directly or indirectly so there's no pressing need to replace him with another defender.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast