Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 23 V Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Because he is too slow with his decision making.
    But, we have no replacement for him ATM.
    Its funny I tend to think his problem is when he has too much time, not too little. when he has no time he tends to do the right thing, but when he is given a little time he second guesses himself. he should just be encouraged to go with the first option all of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

[rod beat me to it
    Incy needs to get rid of the ball on first thought. Any time he thinks of a second option he seems to be flattened or turns the ball over (Ben Matthews moments 95 % right and hammered 80% for the other 5% that go missing..) LRT would be a great in if fit to replace Incy. As he can take the extra role in the forwards and pinch hit when needed. Needs to be fit before selection! (week in the 2nds could be best..)

Senior Player
    eh, i seem to remember him streaming out of the backline through the center a few weeks ago, evading defenders has a bounce and hit up a target in the forward 50 rather than spraying when he plenty of time. There's examples for and against. Keep riding him, we need him as he's our best swingman option currently fit.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I hear there's at least one big, massive, huge in for tonight's game. Can't wait till 6.25!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Teddy on gameday this morning said Reid and Jetta trained well Saturday morning but LRT and Goodes are struggling.

OUTS. Shaw, maybe ROK Smith Hanners for a rest.
    INS. Jetta Reid Bolton
    Sammy has reinjured himself. Pulled up sore from his training session the other day and is being rested again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    I thought there was a rule that you couldn't play ressies in the NEAFL finals unless you played a certain number of H&A games, had a name starting with Y and danced in a circle of toadstools under the full moon?

Surely Jetta, LRT and Goodes don't qualify? If they play, won't it have to be in the seniors?
    you can get a special exemption due to injury and they can play. IF we get an exemption

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I hear there's at least one big, massive, huge in for tonight's game. Can't wait till 6.25!
    I'm tipping LRT.

I noticed on the TV yesterday they trained at ANZ and whilst the main group appeared to be at one end of the ground, Smooch and Tippo were just handballing back and forth at the other end. That is normally a sign they are in the rehab group. I sort of understand Smooch who had his knee iced before halftime on Sat yet played out the game. Would not be surprised to see him having a week off this week, particularly now with no Cyril. Tippo less so sure. You'd have to think if he doesn't play it's thru a niggle, he couldn't possibly be tired after putting his feet up for the first half of the season.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I'm tipping LRT.

I noticed on the TV yesterday they trained at ANZ and whilst the main group appeared to be at one end of the ground, Smooch and Tippo were just handballing back and forth at the other end. That is normally a sign they are in the rehab group. I sort of understand Smooch who had his knee iced before halftime on Sat yet played out the game. Would not be surprised to see him having a week off this week, particularly now with no Cyril. Tippo less so sure. You'd have to think if he doesn't play it's thru a niggle, he couldn't possibly be tired after putting his feet up for the first half of the season.
    He had tight hamstings last week, so a week off maybe on the cards....LRT to play FF perhaps.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Is Armstrong injured or just out of favour? Seems a likely in for Shaw. (and a back up for finals if his brain farts continue..)

WE need Macca to get back to rotating through the middle with ROK / Jude. They have had a holiday in the last few weeks and it's time to bring back the A-team

Cunningham or Armstrong seem most likely to fill Shaw's out! IMO

Incy needs to get rid of the ball on first thought. Any time he thinks of a second option he seems to be flattened or turns the ball over (Ben Matthews moments 95 % right and hammered 80% for the other 5% that go missing..) LRT would be a great in if fit to replace Incy. As he can take the extra role in the forwards and pinch hit when needed. Needs to be fit before selection! (week in the 2nds could be best..)

Goode and Jetts to be the sub combination.. (Could be the second final plan...)

Outs = whoever needs a rest

Next weeks selections are more interesting than this week. No call till after this week

Play tall and need some more smalls

Morton could get a final game?

don't see a lot of senior depth being much good this week and would be very careful with them!
    Rod did you look at Matt Cameron's Injury Report? He states they had to rest Goodsie because he got soreness and so he is back to just running when the soreness settles. He hasn't even started training with the main group yet. He is nowhere near ready and Sam is gone for the season. If LRT comes in he will be there to provide a back option as a tall defender or switch hit in the forward line. He would most likely be sub if he plays. Jetts will play in the Seniors.

I think this should happen: OUT; Shaw, O'Keefe (rested) & Hannas & Mal (his decision making lately has been woeful, he needs a rev up)

IN; Bolton, Jetts, either Biggs, Harry or Towers (kicking plenty of goals & a very good lead), X. Richards or Morton. I would like to see Richards get a game as I think he is now ready. Play him off the bench to give Reg and Teddy a rest. He is fast, a great spoil, a fantastic pair of hands and is a great kick when he makes the good decisions. Can do the dreadful but always goes in and makes up for it. But also does the freaky too. Will run off them and walk around players as though they weren't there, very clever at making opposition think he is going to offload and then takes off on a run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    He had tight hamstings last week, so a week off maybe on the cards....LRT to play FF perhaps.
    if Tippett is out then I could see them playing Membrey but would prefer LRT in pocket and Jesse as the leading FF. If they do that then Towers could be useful.

so if these players are injured; Hannas, Tippett, Smooch,Shaw then I would still rest Ryano & Mal.

In: Jetts, Bolts, LRT, Biggs (to replace Mal), BJ & Harry or Deano

On the Rookie List
    You know what p@@@@s me off? Hearing every single media outlet or commentator referring to tomorrow night's game as a 'blockbuster'. "Friday night BLOCKBUSTER!". It's a @@@@ing dead rubber where both teams are @@@@ scared of getting any more injuries and even more @@@@ scared of revealing the machinations of a real game plan that is to be employed the following week when the same two teams play a match that means something. Be prepared for the absolute antithesis of a blockbuster.

If it were up to me:
    In: LRT, Jetta, Bolton, Morton, B. Jack, X. Richards, Cunningham, Membrey
    Out: Hannebery, Tippett, Smith, Kennedy, Malceski, O'Keefe, Parker, Shaw (obviously)

(names in bold are needed to stand a chance in finals)

I have a sick feeling that not that many players will be rested, and we're gonna pay big time and go out in straight sets.

NB: Morton has exemplary forward pressure. We seriously need it in September.

Final word: Couldn't care less about this game.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I'm tipping LRT.

It would be wonderful to see Lewis back out there!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I'd love to see Mitch out there tomorrow night for one last game in the red and white.

I just know it's going to be Lewis.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    In: H.Cunningham, S.Biggs, B.Jack, J.Bolton
    Out: R.Shaw (knee), N.Smith (calf), D.Hannebery (hand), J.Lamb

Oh great. Nobody is back. Awesome.

Check out the epic Freo changes. They have the right idea. We have the wrong idea.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast