Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 23 V Hawks

Changes Round 23 V Hawks

Teddy on gameday this morning said Reid and Jetta trained well Saturday morning but LRT and Goodes are struggling.

OUTS. Shaw, maybe ROK Smith Hanners for a rest.
    INS. Jetta Reid Bolton

What I'd do:

Out: Shaw, ROK, Hanners, anyone else that needs a rest.
    In: Whoever they can find. Maybe Crouchy could play a game
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    In: Whoever they can find. Maybe Crouchy could play a game
    Nicky Davis is looking pretty fit.......would scare the hell outta Geelong!

I'm not sure about Reid, I think for a big guy it's maybe too late, plus who would you drop for Reid? You certainly can't drop any of the ruckmen or White as they've all been in great form.
    I'd deffinatly put Jetta in, with Shaw gone we need that pace again.

Honestly my hopes are for 2014 if our players stay fit - Rohan and Jetta in the same team - B.Jack with more endurance after another pre season - Tom Mitchell and Jed Lamb with more experience will be great.

It will put more pressure on our midfielders but it will be great providing everyone stays fit!

I think we need to roll the dice and play both Jetta and Reid next week. We should be targeting to getting them up to speed for round 2 of the finals and then to get the best team available for the Prelims. If we avoid additional injuries, Mitchell and Lamb will probably go out. Reid to play in defence and Dre as he sub. This will inject some additional speed into the team. We can only hope that with a couple of games in them they can come up and perform. We really don't have many options.

I agree with some of the comments about Lamb and Mitchell looking a bit off the pace for finals footy. Mitchell is a good inside player with great reflexes in tight situations, but just takes too long to move the ball on after a mark. I prefer Mitchell to Dre in the 21, but think Dre would have more impact as a sub.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think we need to roll the dice and play both Jetta and Reid next week. We should be targeting to getting them up to speed for round 2 of the finals and then to get the best team available for the Prelims. If we avoid additional injuries, Mitchell and Lamb will probably go out. Reid to play in defence and Dre as he sub. This will inject some additional speed into the team. We can only hope that with a couple of games in them they can come up and perform. We really don't have many options.

I agree with some of the comments about Lamb and Mitchell looking a bit off the pace for finals footy. Mitchell is a good inside player with great reflexes in tight situations, but just takes too long to move the ball on after a mark. I prefer Mitchell to Dre in the 21, but think Dre would have more impact as a sub.
    Agree with playing Reid and Jetta if they are fit. I'd also play Cunningham to give us some run and pace out of the backline.
    Outs to some players to rest sore bodies (possibly Smith,Hanners,K Jack). Everitt gets one last go only because his body seems ok but his panic under pressure is a worry.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If Sam is legitimately fit I wouldn't mind him coming in and playing off half forward just to give it a crack and see what happens. I know that's far, far, far too tall up forward but Jesse is generally leading a pretty long way up the ground off half forward anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Agree with playing Reid and Jetta if they are fit. I'd also play Cunningham to give us some run and pace out of the backline.
    Outs to some players to rest sore bodies (possibly Smith,Hanners,K Jack). Everitt gets one last go only because his body seems ok but his panic under pressure is a worry.
    Agree, as all 3 were hobbling about during parts of the game.

If it's possible to be playing with too much confidence, it would apply to Everitt. He was probably instructed to back his skills and pace, but needs to think through situations better. Maybe it will come with time and experience. If he can iron out those mistakes, he is pretty good value.

Yeah, I agree with the general sentiment...The result is not important..Rest who ever needs a rest.

Give games to those who are coming back from injury, as this is the only chance to have a look at them in a hard AFL game.

If any, or all, of them don't come up or break down during the game so be it. Better to find out this week.

I like Ludwigs ' Rope a dope' tactic..Esspecially as we will probably be playing Hawthorn 2 weeks running.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Horse just said, Hanner's is out, with Jetta & LRT to play this weekend (reserves?), with Goodes starting to train on Wednesday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Horse just said, Hanner's is out, with Jetta & LRT to play this weekend (reserves?), with Goodes starting to train on Wednesday.....
    ...and Sam Reid still a week away.

I suspect they will go straight into the main team for competitive match fitness - with finals only one week away and this being (most likely) a dead round re our position on the ladder.

But that's big news re LRT.

EDIT: gramma and spellin
    Last edited by iigrover; 26th August 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post

I suspect they will go straight into the main team for competitive match fitness - with finals only one week away and this being (most likely) a dead round re our position on the ladder.

I was surprised with LRT aswell, be interested to what position he will play....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post

I was surprised with LRT aswell, be interested to what position he will play....

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast