Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats up with ROK?

whats up with ROK?

Our drop of form seems to be mirrored by ROKs output. Is he playing injured?

Veterans List
    Good qn - can scarcely remember him playing two bad games in a row, let alone 3. May be need to let him loose - couldn't believe when he dropped that mark, most un-ROKlike.

i felt we missed his tackling in the middle

I dont like him playing up high these days and I didnt think Bartell would be one of the problems yest anyway

I know the matchups in the middle of the field were a worry if ROK, BIRD, Kennedy, Mitchell, Macca et as that is too many slow players to match up on too many fast Cat players !!!

but anyway......lets see against the Hawks
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Time may be catching up with him. He may be one of the fittest men going around, but the game itself requires something else as well. Maybe its just time for him as well. Or not. Dunno, but it has been a worrying sight,
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Needs to be "unwell" this week like Jude was last week. A week off will prime him for the finals.

Wondering if ROK is having retirement thoughts too or whether he'll front for a last hurrah in 2014.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    ROK was reliable rather then super quick, and perhaps has lost another metre or two of pace. I think the middle is best for him and for the team now, but it may also be that Father Time has caught up with him. I'd really like to see him go out on a high.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

It is a worry the drop off in form from ROK in the second half of the season - I too wonder whether time is beginning to catch up with him. But his role on Saturday was simply bizarre - it didn't work at all, and I wonder what it was all about. But I'd very much like him to have this week off, get a bit of a break and recharge before the finals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Now that Jude's retired, there's only 3 of the 2005 premiers left (with the Swans anyway).
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Looked to me like he was being rested on the weekend. Was a light impact training run.

No worries with Rok. As you were.

I wasn't unhappy with his actual game on the weekend. Bartel didn't take a lot of intercept marks which he an do and in the third quarter he put himself about a bit.

My main concern is he is, as well as mcveigh, playing angry. There is a lot of shrugging of shoulders and pointing and if I was close enough I'd expect rolling of eyes.

We all get the disappointed thing, but he is playing with a lot of inexperience now but he reminds me of Allan border or rocket. It's not like he doesn't kick it to mummy on a half baked lead instead of actually delivering to someone with pace.

If he really is that disappointed he should create a user name get on rwo and vent. I find it reasonably cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Looked to me like he was being rested on the weekend. Was a light impact training run.

No worries with Rok. As you were.
    I agree, it seemed to me he was given a 'half rest', playing forward all game.

Maybe a full rest this week is in order.....Along with Mr Dan 'sore all over' Hannebery
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

ROK's effort like the swans will lift in the big games - reality is that against Geelong they had too many great players playing well and he struggled against a class player in Bartel - no shame in getting beaten by Bartel or Geelong - skill wise -if you went back to schoolyard footy - how many swans who played on Saturday at their best would make Geelong at their best - not too many that's why we got beat - we can stop teams from playing and win - we are too easy to stop at the moment - always hopeful though that our best will turn up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast