Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v hawks game day thread

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ROK on Mitchell is NOT the match-up. ROK got pushed or sucked into the ball and allowed Mitchell to get easy kicks out the back.Let ROK play his game. You need someone standing next to Mitchell all game....enter McGlynn.
    Well done to Biggs..impressive debut. I also like Cunningham. Parker is maturing every game.Unfortunately Bolts looked slow and the finals will only get faster. Everitt , still not convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Spangher handy

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if Eski was subbed off with a headache or dizziness. That might not be very good for Bloody Franklin at the tribunal ... a sceptic or conspiracy theorist might suggest that the sub move might have been John Longmire's best strategic move for the night
    He had an ice pack on his foot. Hope it wasn't anything serious.

Happier to face Hawks (minus Bloody Wanklin) than Geelong.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Spangher handy

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if Eski was subbed off with a headache or dizziness. That might not be very good for Bloody Franklin at the tribunal ... a sceptic or conspiracy theorist might suggest that the sub move might have been John Longmire's best strategic move for the night
    Mal had ice on his ankle....I suggest a precaution.

Disappointed that we didn't end up getting a win tonight (as the effort absolutely deserved it), but gee I'm proud of how the boys have had a real dig tonight. Lots of players out, and we've had a massive crack, and in my opinion were just about the better team over the course of the night. Just a few poor decisions, a couple of dropped marks, and a few pieces of class in front of goals from the Dawks that were the difference.

Bring the same effort and intensity next week with Smith, Tippett and Hanneberry back and I think we can knock them off. Especially if Buddy gets in trouble for being the naughty boy that he is!

Best I've felt after a loss this season - the boys still have the hunger, and if we get enough bodies back, we might just yet give the finals a good shake!

Must also mention Biggs - very impressed by him tonight. Showed some signs of nerves but did a lot of good stuff as well - good debut!!! 18 disposals he ended up with.

Great to also see Rohan get a goal tonight - he isn't getting much of the ball yet, but you can see him beginning to get back into it and effect the game. If we have the troops back, I think he may be the sub in the final series.
    Last edited by mcs; 30th August 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

That was the most enjoyable loss I have watched for ages:
    * Rohan is looking tops
    * White on fire
    * K Jack, Kennedy, Parker, ROK all working well in the midfield.
    * Mitchell back in some form
    * Incy was reliable this week
    * Mumford is in the best form I have seen him in
    * Cracking game from Biggs
    * The pressure tackling is back
    * So good seeing Morton go around again.

B Jack and B Cunningham looked out of their depth, but the team did well even with those guys almost completely missing.

The other great thing is that these are two clean-playing teams. Puopolo tricks the umps into giving him frees for high contact but besides that the Hawks are an honourable opposition - so much more pleasant than playing Geelong or Collingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Mal had ice on his ankle....I suggest a precaution.
    Ok, if Horse was a good strategic coach he might've wrapped Mal's whole head in bandages & encouraged him to stagger around the boundary line

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Gee whiz I am proud of them tonight. Amazingly good performance.

- - - Updated - - -

How was that not a mark to rok ?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Brandon jack is the one of the youngsters who looks the furthest from playing at afl level. The rest could all make it

- - - Updated - - -

Also I hope Jesse has learned a bit from lake tonight - he will bump you if he is close enough very early - Jesse has to make longer leads and force lake to sprint with him
    BJ is very very raw, but imo (and I only saw a limited bit of KJ in his developing years) he looks to have more potential than KJ had at the same time. Some hard work, some good time developing in the reserves next year and he will come on in leaps and bounds. If he has the same application of his brother, BJ will make it as an afl player.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I didn't mean that bj won't make it, more that I think he is still a long way off from what I have seen to date. He needs more time

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by alt_mattr View Post
    That was the most enjoyable loss I have watched for ages:
    * Rohan is looking tops
    * White on fire
    * K Jack, Kennedy, Parker, ROK all working well in the midfield.
    * Mitchell back in some form
    * Incy was reliable this week
    * Mumford is in the best form I have seen him in
    * Cracking game from Biggs
    * The pressure tackling is back
    * So good seeing Morton go around again.

B Jack and B Cunningham looked out of their depth, but the team did well even with those guys almost completely missing.

The other great thing is that these are two clean-playing teams. Puopolo tricks the umps into giving him frees for high contact but besides that the Hawks are an honourable opposition - so much more pleasant than playing Geelong or Collingwood.
    I agree with all this. Pleased with this loss. Franklin is gone.

Veterans List
    Much happier this week, we didn't look tired like we did against Collingwood and Geelong. Pressure was very good in creating turnovers.

Rested three players this week which will assist going forward and also Hawthorn didn't get a look at Tippett who cut them up in his last outing against them in last years Prelim.

Wow. I'd accepted i would have a miserable week. But our midfield no longer look tired. Jesse is great to watch. Kieren was his old self. Ted is in form. Mummy has energy. I was worried we were going to win. We can beat these pretenders. I don't think we match up as well against Geelong, and Freo probably do. This was a good result.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast