Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roos to Melb

Hope the the love will still be there for Roosy when other swans join him both off field and on - will give me another team to take an interest in Melb when the swans are not in town

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Hope the the love will still be there for Roosy when other swans join him both off field and on - will give me another team to take an interest in Melb when the swans are not in town
    My father's immediate response when hearing the news was "I guess Jude isn't going straight into media after all!"

A coincidence that his interest increased after Rocket confirmed he'd be staying at Collingwood? Perhaps he didn't want to compete with his former boss for a job.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Remember we were not in good shape when he took over here in 2002. Obviously we were better off than Melbourne are now, but we did come from a fair way back - and the results were immediate.

I had accepted the possibility of his fairytale return to his old home at the Lions, but it's going to take a lot of getting used to seeing The Messiah in a Melbourne shirt if that's what happens.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    A coincidence that his interest increased after Rocket confirmed he'd be staying at Collingwood? Perhaps he didn't want to compete with his former boss for a job.
    I think it's more to coincide with the end of the season.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Remember we were not in good shape when he took over here in 2002. Obviously we were better off than Melbourne are now, but we did come from a fair way back - and the results were immediate.

I had accepted the possibility of his fairytale return to his old home at the Lions, but it's going to take a lot of getting used to seeing The Messiah in a Melbourne shirt if that's what happens.
    We did have some good footballers who went on to win a flag in2005. Can't see that the Dees have that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'd think it was the other way around.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rumour has it that Roosey will take George Stone and Tadgh (our loveable irishman) with him. His family prefer Melb if they were to move from Sydney. The timing of finalising things has a lot to do with respect for his current employer (the Swans). And the money and AFL support for him and Melb is HUGE. ...including the challenge.

Wonder how many he would recruit from "his" academy ...

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    He's got to get the nod from Tami , Tyler n Dylan, who are all steeped in the Swans culture.
    It's an interesting family dilemma. The boys wouldn't be remotely interested in rooting for the Dees .
    Roosey reckons the decision can't be based on money , but he's also said on many occasions that he would never coach again.
    The money carrot is substantial so they will go ' show us the money Paul '.

Why would Roos go to a poor club and struggle all the time?

He could walk into a big club anytime he wanted. West coast, essendon, collingwood in a few years

Long Term Injury List
    I have always had this dream that Roosy & Longmire had a deal that they would take it in turns to coach the Swans. Based on Roosy's claim that 7years is long enough for the players to put up with the same message. They could take it in turns to run the Academy and Coach until they blood another coach to take the reigns or slot in when one of them is ready to retire. I guess I was just hoping Roos would be like Paul Kelly and not be able to work against the Swans. Wishful thinking I know but one can always dream........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast