Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roos to Melb

If he takes the job - it will be a huge challenge for him as when he took on the swans he had his mates around him and knew the club inside and out - they were all going in the same direction - In Melbourne it will be starting from scratch - good luck to him as it will not be a quick turnaround so he will certainly be earning his money back in the fishbowl of the Melbourne Media - another thing that he was able to avoid in Sydney - huge challenge

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I'm finding it easier to "let go" of Roosy because we've won another Premiership since his. However, to me, he'll always be dressed in red and white, standing on the dais at the MCG and telling us, "Here it is!"

Roosy being very cryptic on the couch tonight about why he is looking at coaching melbourne but implication is that something not right at the swans

Please explain re: something not right at the Swans?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Roosy being very cryptic on the couch tonight about why he is looking at coaching melbourne but implication is that something not right at the swans
    I didn't get that impression at all but did miss the last few minutes - did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I didn't get that impression at all but did miss the last few minutes - did I miss something?
    He was asked several times what had changed to get him from 0 to 50:50 and said he'd prefer not to say. Sheehan asked him whether it was something at the swans and he again said he'd prefer not to say.

I could be reading too much into it, but Sheehan usually only asks where he knows something and Roos could easily have said, nah nothing to do with the club it's some personal issue or something.

Like I say I could be adding 1 and 1 and getting 3 but it seemed odd.

Just playing his cards close I reckon. He'd make a good poker player.

Veterans List
    It was a strange comment, wasn't it? Yet he was perfectly congenial with Colless.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Roosy should have taken a somewhat stronger posture with Healy and Sheehan, a lot of that process has to be private until the press conference , he tries to be so gentlemanly but needs to go the other way at times. I know OTC want the 'exclusive' , but they could chill for the sake of his family.
    Tami probably hates the very thought of 24/7 footy in their lives again, especially in Melbourne.

You're picking up on something that's not there. He was referring to stuff which would be ludicrous to talk about in public so early into negotiations. Contract, team etc.

I'm assuming he's going....It all points that way, he just needs Tami's seal of approval.

Couldn't care either way....Good luck to him, he'll need it.

What does concern me was his evasiveness when asked about poaching Swans people, who the Swans don't want to let go.

His final mumbled comment was something like...." At the end of the day, if you at another club your allegiances lie there." hmmm

There has always been something about him I've struggled with...his double speak, his need to be portrayed as the good guy.....His commentary of Swans games...yuk.

I'm very happy with the straight shooting Horse....IMO, a better guy, a better coach, with an ever evolving game plan....not just defence, defence and more defence, with a dash of double speak about "playing the

youngsters"...which he often talked about but rarely did.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 2nd September 2013 at 11:49 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side
    Definite implication on OTC that something had changed or was amiss at the Swans.

The mood would sure change around RWO if Roos does go to the Dees and takes a dream team comprised of half the Swan's coaching staff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast